The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default need some info on adding pics to thread

I may sound stupid but how do you put pics on thread just can't get it coulod some one help.. thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need some info on adding pics to thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
I may sound stupid but how do you put pics on thread just can't get it coulod some one help.. thanks
First understand that the forum does not allow uploading photos directly from your computer to a thread. Instead you can create an album, then upload your photos to your album and then link from the album to the thread or another method is to upload your photos to another web site like Photobucket and then link from there. Here is the FAQ on photos that shows all the detailed steps: The North American Fly Fishing Forum - FAQ
Give me a shout if you still need assistance.

Larry

Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Thanks i finally got it then had to figure out how to put them on the scroll down but i have it now thanks again for the help..
Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Just to add a definitive closure to this thread, forget about uploading photos from your computer dircectly to NAFFF. It's impossibly complicated. Instead, upload your photos to a website like PhotoBucket, which is much easier to then upload to NAFFF.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

Just so my friend Neil doesn't scare anyone away from up loading photos from your computer to NAFFF, here is the procedure.

How to Up Load photos to the NAFFF Gallery:

1. Look at the Menu bar across the top of the Forum Page. Locate the "Gallery" link and click on it.

2. In the Gallery click on "Upload Photos" on the right end of the menu bar. This opens another page for uploading photos from your home computer.

3. Select the "Choose/Browse" button on the page. This takes you to your computer to select your photo.

4. Find your photo and select it by left clicking on the photo. The address of the photo will automatically appear in the NAFFF Choose/Browse window. You can select up to ten photos at one time.

5. After you have selected your photos and the addresses are in the Choose/Browse windows, click the Upload Photos/Submit button. Your photos will appear in My Photos or My Albums. You could also select one of the other categories to up load your photos to.

To me that is a relative easy procedure. Pictures stored on NAFFF will always appear in your post while with other host sites the photos have a way of disappearing. For instance, a fly tying tutorial is useless when the photos disappear. You can load up to ten photos at one time.

Frank

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 05-05-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Re: need some info on adding pics to thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just so my friend Neil doesn't scare anyone away from up loading photos from your computer to NAFFF, here is the procedure.

How to Up Load photos to the NAFFF Gallery:

1. Look at the Menu bar across the top of the Forum Page. Locate the "Gallery" link and click on it.

2. In the Gallery click on "Upload Photos" on the right end of the brown menu bar. This opens another page for uploading photos from your home computer.
There's no "brown" Menu bar on my screen. Do you mean "blue-gray"?
3. Select the "Choose" button on the page. This takes you to your computer to select your photo.
I don't see any "Choose" button. Do you mean "Browse" button?
4. Find your photo and select it by left clicking on the photo. The address of the photo will automatically appear in the NAFFF Choose window. You can select up to ten photos at one time.
Again, "Browse" window?
5. After you have selected your photos and the addresses are in the Choose windows, click the Upload Photos/Submit button. Your photos will appear in My Photos or My Albums. You could also select one of the other categories to up load your photos to.
"Upload/Submit" button?
To me that is a relative easy procedure. Pictures stored on NAFFF will always appear in your post while with other host sites the photos have a way of disappearing. For instance, a fly tying tutorial is useless when the photos disappear. You can load up to ten photos at one time.

Frank
Sorry, Frank. Even though you've shortened the steps from the previous thirteen to five, I always end up at a blank dialogue box entitled "My Photo Gallery Message", with no way to enter data in it (if I even knew what to enter) nor any way to continue or exit the process. Now, I may be doing some things wrong. See my bolded comments after some of your steps, above. Some of the button labels, colors, etc. you specify are not there on my computer when I go through the steps.

Neil
Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Neil: I think what you are running into is that you haven't created an Album for your photos. Here is how I do it:
In the blue menu bar where it says "Gallery", click on that and select "Upload Photo". When the next page loads, there is another blue menu bar with the words "My Photos-My Albums-My Favorites". Click on "My Albums", then on the far left in small print below the title "My Albums" you will see "Create a New Album". This is a one time process.
Now to upload photos go back to the "Latest Forum Post" page and click on "Gallery" then select "Upload Photo". When the next page loads, scroll down a bit and you will see the title "Upload Photo" in the second blue menu bar. Under the second drop down menu where it says "None", click on that and select your Album from the list. Then all you do is click on the "Browse" buttons to select up to 10 separate photos to upload from your computer. This sounds complicated, but once you have done it once it is pretty simple.
Once you have your photos uploaded then click on the thumbnail of one of the photos so the full size photo appears, then scroll down to where you see the words "DIRECT LINK", click on the link to the right, that will cause the text to highlight, then do a CNTL-C to copy the link. Now go back to your thread and above the text box, you will see a small yellow rectangle that looks like a mountain with a sun on the right, click on that and a window appears, click in the link box and do a CNTL-V to paste your link, then click ok. If you did everything correct you should see text like this
[IMG]your link would be inserted between theseimg symbols[/IMG]
Then if you want to be sure the image is going to display properly, click on the "Preview Post" button first before you click on the "Submit Reply" button.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Question Re: need some info on adding pics to thread

Larry, I do have a Member Album, to which I uploaded images when it was easier to do (in a simpler time - sigh).

Frankly, I'm too tired tonight to go through your suggested (frankly, rather complicated) procedure, but I'll try it tomorrow. However, when it's this complicated to upload images from one's computer, most Members aren't going to bother with it (proof? - just compare how few Member image uploads have occurred since the ownership change, compared to before). Certainly the PhotoBucket alternative is HUGELY easier. And my main question remains for Frank: Why must it be so much more difficult to upload computer images under this new ownership than it was before?

. . . looking forward to an answer.

Neil
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

World wide Photobucket appears to be the 'on line' place to be if you want to up-load pictures into a fishing forum.

Have my stuff in Google Pic3 and never had a single success in uploading. E-mail attachments? Not a problem, up-loading into a web site:

Zero.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
Larry, I do have a Member Album, to which I uploaded images when it was easier to do (in a simpler time - sigh).

Frankly, I'm too tired tonight to go through your suggested (frankly, rather complicated) procedure, but I'll try it tomorrow. However, when it's this complicated to upload images from one's computer, most Members aren't going to bother with it (proof? - just compare how few Member image uploads have occurred since the ownership change, compared to before). Certainly the PhotoBucket alternative is HUGELY easier. And my main question remains for Frank: Why must it be so much more difficult to upload computer images under this new ownership than it was before?

. . . looking forward to an answer.

Neil
Neil: I understand it isn't the easiest thing to do, but I do appreaciate the fact that Colin is trying to protect the NAFFF servers and subsequent performance from virus attacks. I don't like having to buy anti-virus software for my home computer either, but it is a necessary evil.

If you want to make it super easy on yourself, then open a PhotoBucket account, load your photos there, then link them into your thread using the little yellow Icon on top of the text where you type a post.

Larry