The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rabble Stream and Indicators in One Thread

LOL!!!!
Went fishing at the rabble stream Tuesday, and caught two nice browns. Went back around 3:30 today, and caught a rainbow and a brown. The fish were caught within the first 15 minutes on both days! I decided not to use an indicator on either day, and used soft hackles both days (#16). Soft hackles are something I very rarely use, but a guy was doing well with them when I arrived on Tuesday. Can't argue with success.

Today's trout (the brown was a real jumper!):

Click the image to open in full size.

The rainbow below had really great coloring, but my cell phone camera didn't catch it well.

EDIT Here's Tuesday's Browns:

All things considered, not bad for two afternoons in the local park. I just have to hide these pics from my wife, or she'll want to go back this weekend....

Last edited by FrankB2; 04-15-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:51 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rabble Stream and Indicators in One Thread

Real nice fish Frank. Glad you found space there during the week. I take it all the rock throwing and cliff diving idiots are more a weekend specticle?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:54 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems so. The rainbow was caught first, and then a woman let her dog
jump into the pool I fishing. I figured that was it, but a few casts later I hooked the brown!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Frank,

You should incorporate the Do You Carry a Good Knife thread into this. I don't know if I would go up against a guy with a rock having only a pocket knife but the posts here could get interesting. By the way, nice going catching a fish or two, if it weren't for the pictures here I would forget what fish look like..................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 PM

Hi Ard,
I was just sending you an email! I'll see what I can do about wrapping up all
of my thoughts into one big post...LOL!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You could think on adding a Do You Carry a Club topic here there have been times................ I got your e-mail

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Honestly....I've been wondering about this whole fishing for stocked trout business. I always stayed away from stocked trout when I was younger, and it was only in the last 4 years that I've targeted these raised in concrete tank fish. If it weren't for the rock throwing punks in the park, there wouldn't be much of a challenge to catching these pellet-fed pea brains.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 PM

Stocked or not, the trout that remain in the top pool of this stream remain fiesty and look fantastic! Arrived this afternoon around 4:00pm, and there were a few anglers. I used a tandem yellow soft hackle rig, and no indicator. Caught two rainbows, and had a third spit the hook when it jumped. I also caught a rainbow itself after a brief shower. It was a good Tuesday-Friday after all......

Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 AM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Frank, I want a poster of that rainbow/stream photo. Photo kudos!
Soft hackles slay! Nice fish too!
To me, A wild fish beats a planter anytime, but when a guy needs a fish?

Jim

Bigfly
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Thanks Jim! It was a special afternoon. That stretch of Neshaminy creek is a stone's throw (pun inteneded ) from the parking lot. We didn't go today....