The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM

troutbum17 is on a distinguished road
Default If you could go fishing for a week anywhere

So this summer i have 8 days to travel anywhere in the continental US and fish for about a week or so. Where would you go? Im not species specfic, but would prefer trout. Any suggestions? Im looking for lots of fish, maybe some decent size too. Any ideas or suggestioins? Just lookin for some all around good fishin
Tom
Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 PM

thenextlevel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: If you could go fishing for a week anywhere

I would go to Alaska. Mainly because of the opportunity to catch various species of fish.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Utah or the Sierra's. The numbers you can catch on the Green are staggering and the sizes of the fish you can catch in the Sierra's are awesome!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Since I'm already here I would like to be able to fly over to the Iliamna Lake and Bristol Bay tributary rivers. Or maybe down south to the Yakutat area for some really good steelhead but if you want to go there you better get on your way.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 PM

troutbum17 is on a distinguished road

im in the midwest, and i was hopin to stay in the lower 48. I am considering the wind river range in wyoming, yellowstone, maybe the UP in michigan, or go stream hopping in colorado? Any input?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with thenextlevel and Ard: Alaska, chasing huge rainbows and salmon in the Bristol Bay streams or chasing monster sized steelies in Yakutat, or maybe one of those ultra expensive fly fishing lodges in Bristol Bay that flies out to a different stream everyday.

Larry
Old 04-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Troutbum,

It has been over 20 years but if you choose the U.P. I strongly recommend the Two Hearted River, Fox, and Tahquamenon Rivers. Different and beautiful.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: If you could go fishing for a week anywhere

I'd have to say the " Rapid River " in Maine for Monster Brookies.......they average 4 to 8 lbs. and are very colorful fish! Also its a very scenic river! But my second choice would be the " Green River " Wyoming / Utah

Lambster
Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM

papabearoutdoors is on a distinguished road

There's always the Adirondacks of northern NY, best fly fishing in the northeast!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Administrator

That's a different kind of intro Papabear,

Nice fish, welcome to the group. Did you just join or have you been around and just not posting? What did that fish grab to get himself into a situation like that?

Ard

P.S. I just checked, you are our newest member you will enjoy the people here.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;