The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 01:12 PM

hypobaricstalker will become famous soon enoughhypobaricstalker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to hypobaricstalker
Angry Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio

I had to wipe my computer a few weeks ago and lost every episode to AAFFir. They no longer have all the episodes in iTunes, and I can not get the "download" links in the Archive's to work so that I can download the episodes. I think the links are broken. I can stream them on my computer, but I listen to all the casts through my iphone.

I've also sent about 5 emails and called about 5 times. I've received NO responses.

I'm hoping to find someone that can send my the files via email, or post them so that I can download them from them. Looking to get all of the podcasts that I can.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Rob11 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio

hbs - just listened to some podcasts last night while tying some flies, and was having the same problem with the downloads. Today I went to the archived shows and did the following:

1) Chose the show I wanted to download and clicked on "Listen/Download Podcast (MP3)"
2) Once in the new window, the show starts playing in Quicktime.
3)Right clicked on the Quicktime screen and got a menu with a choice to download the program to RealPlayer. I chose that, and the download started.

Not sure whether Real Player is a requirement, as it's likely that may be the default on my PC. Check it out, it's likely to work for you. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM

hypobaricstalker will become famous soon enoughhypobaricstalker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob11 View Post
hbs - just listened to some podcasts last night while tying some flies, and was having the same problem with the downloads. Today I went to the archived shows and did the following:

1) Chose the show I wanted to download and clicked on "Listen/Download Podcast (MP3)"
2) Once in the new window, the show starts playing in Quicktime.
3)Right clicked on the Quicktime screen and got a menu with a choice to download the program to RealPlayer. I chose that, and the download started.

Not sure whether Real Player is a requirement, as it's likely that may be the default on my PC. Check it out, it's likely to work for you. Good luck!
Rob, may I ask if it was a recent show? I know the last 6 shows are working, but anything beyond that is what I'm having issues with. The same that do not show in the subscription list for the podcasts.

An example would be both of Dorseys shows. When I click on the listen/download link, the URL looks correct in the address bar, but the webpage that pops up is the home page.

I'm on a new macbook with all the software updates, and running firefox for my browser.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I also tried it in Safari, and got the same result. When I save the links they pop up as .mp3 but they're not coded for .mp3. Here's the link to Dorsey's section. DORSEY'S
Old 05-09-2011, 05:24 PM

hbs - I just tested the Dorsey link for Fly Fishing Tailwaters, and I selected the link for "Stand-Alone Player." Once it opened, I started the show, placed my cursor over the recorder controls, right clicked, and got a menu to download the show. It worked. The link failed a few times earlier, but when I went back to the archives for Dorsey, I tried again and was successful with the method explained. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM

When you click on the stand alone, does that open a QuickTime browser? Right now it opens another Internet tab for me. I need to find this "drop down" you speak of.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM

When I click on the stand alone, it opens another tab or window on my browser (Firefox 4.x), and it enables me to start the program in that tab. Once I do that, I can put my cursor over the recorder controls, right click, and select from the resulting menu the choice to download the program. PM me if you continue to have any more troubles.

I think the main point is if you can play the program, you can then place your cursor on the program (play) controls, right click, and select download.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 PM

I found a work around for anyone having issues with the downloads. It will work on a PC or Mac, but will require the downloads of Safari and Quicktime 7 which are both free downloads. This is a little trick that will allow you to download YouTube videos and any type of file that is hosted on a server as well.