The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold
Default Brown Trout drawing...getting there

Been working on this piece for a while now. Having a blast with it and I'm finding it harder and harder to set aside the time to work on it. lol. 'Tis the fishing season and I've waited all winter to wet the line. However, I'm finding the balance and am able to do both. Now I just have to factor the tying into that balancing act too!

Here's the latest. Still lots to go on it but it's starting to take shape.

Click the image to open in full size.

Also finally finished the brookie drawing I was working on. This will be sent to the printer's later this week.

Click the image to open in full size.

Nick
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brown Trout drawing...getting there

You are one heck of an artist!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nick: That is some beautiful work, thanks for sharing!

Larry

Old 05-09-2011, 05:40 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by asking this; but are these for sale anywhere? They are awesome drawings!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful work Nick:

Please tell me, did your parents buy you that big 64 crayon box with the built in sharpener? I hope so, because it would prove that I was right when my mom wouldn't let me buy the big set.

Looking forward to some more pics.

Dave
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

That brook trout drawing is my new desktop wallpaper
Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Beautiful work Nick...Love the Brookie...

Dan
Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

those are great!! if your making prints, send me a message on pricing. I have a series of trout faces in my bedroom and the wife made the comment the other day how we need another one fill out some more wall.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 AM

guadalupetrout is on a distinguished road

Dude, you've got serious talent. If you drew a minnow or a nymph and brought it to the water the trout would be jumping on shore to get it!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Beautiful work Nick:

Please tell me, did your parents buy you that big 64 crayon box with the built in sharpener? I hope so, because it would prove that I was right when my mom wouldn't let me buy the big set.

Looking forward to some more pics.

Dave
Lol. I don't remember how they got me started. I think it was a combination of boredom and just being a weird little kid. I was either playing with worms outside or drawing inside. lol.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! These two were my first pieces that incorporate a full background. So it was more of an experiment and challenge for me. Definitely like how it turned out though and I think I've evolved my style....again.

Sent PM's to those who asked about pricing.

Nick