The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 PM

dr_wogz is on a distinguished road
Talking New guy here.. Many quesitons, but over time!

Hi, New guy here.

I've lurked, and felt it time to join the crowd.
relatively new to fly fishing (own two rods, 2 reels; one with 3 extrea spools!) so i guess I'm not that new.. I just popped into a little shop (with pond) in Manchester VT on our way to Boston about a week ago.. I guess that should also count as an initiation!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:11 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New guy here.. Many quesitons, but over time!

New guy! What part of the country ya from? How long have you been fly fishing? I'm sure you already know that this forum is full of information and some fish stories...It can also get addicting if you are addicted to fly fishing. I got hooked this winter when there was no fishing in sight for me. Don't forget to fill out your profile eventually; it will give people a little info about you...where you are, what you fish for, other hobbies, etc. You'll get great information here, but i've found it to be a little more than just info over the last year.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

dr wogz....I like that name
quote:I just popped into a little shop (with pond) in Manchester VT on our way to Boston about a week ago.. I guess that should also count as an initiation!
if there were fish in the pond....that might count
Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
dr wogz....I like that name
quote:I just popped into a little shop (with pond) in Manchester VT on our way to Boston about a week ago.. I guess that should also count as an initiation!
if there were fish in the pond....that might count
I believe he's talking about the Orvis main campus, JP
There's some fish in that pond.... and they're well fed
Old 05-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

dr_wogz: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about your fishing adventures and any questions we might be able to answer in your quest to learn more about fly fishing! Montreal is a pretty part of Canada, you can even speak French with JP! LOL!

Larry

Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM

dr_wogz is on a distinguished road

thanks guys!

Yes, Orvis' main headqurters. And yes them trout in their pond are well fed!! (Well hooked too..)

I'm in Montreal, Qweeebec, wewst island part to be precise.. Learned to fish on the 'ole St. Lawrence. dad was sailing, I was fishin' off the docks.. Rock bass & crappies all day long!

Personal best so far: Pulling a trout outta Courtney
4lb 6oz Brookie (speckled) on an egg sucking leech! Out of Courteny lake, up at a freinds fishing lodge; Maganassippi fish & game club

I'm learning to tie as well!!

I don't know the same things you don't know..

Bowmore & Padron - someone knows!