The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Multiple fly rigs

I have a question regarding fishing with multiple rigs. Often times when spin fusing for crappie I will tie on a jig above an online spinner, I typically just tie the top jig in through the hook eyelet with e ver very large tag in and then just tie the spinner to that. When fishing multiple flies like a hopper and a dropper do you do this or take another piece of tippet material and tie it to the dropper and the bend of the hopper hook? I am just wanting to try this out this year and want to know how it us best done.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Multiple fly rigs

Hi Lancer09,

Back in the 40's one of the most popular fly/lure was a Colorado Spinner. They were made for fly rods with no real weight to them. Smallmouth loved them. Back then there were no spinning rods in the states.

Frank
Old 05-06-2010, 05:15 PM

papabearoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiple fly rigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
I have a question regarding fishing with multiple rigs. Often times when spin fusing for crappie I will tie on a jig above an online spinner, I typically just tie the top jig in through the hook eyelet with e ver very large tag in and then just tie the spinner to that. When fishing multiple flies like a hopper and a dropper do you do this or take another piece of tippet material and tie it to the dropper and the bend of the hopper hook? I am just wanting to try this out this year and want to know how it us best done.

Thanks

i use both those techniques interchangeably, it makes no real difference, they both catch fish.