The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about
Default i just cant do it

was gonna sell off all of my gear and i just cant bring myself to do it...i sold a few things but not everything major.....so for now ill be keeping my stuff...jsut like what i have way to much and like the water way too much
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: i just cant do it

Luke,

That may be a wise choice and I'm glad to hear you have had a change of heart. You may find a point in life where you will be glad to have a rod, reel, & line to cast. Sometimes we find ourselves burdened with too many responsibilities and activities and think fly fishing is too difficult or time consuming to pursue. Then things change and you find your rod and your time spent on the water to be your best friend and your island of peace in a turbulent time.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 PM

cwg is on a distinguished road

Welcome back Luked, lol.
Its rough to replace stuff sold!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
Welcome back Luked, lol.
Its rough to replace stuff sold!
yea only good thing was i didnt sell much...sold one rod...which is fine i still have my Sage...but did sell my vise to Frank........oh well ill just get another one LOLmaybe try a diffrent brand vise this time....like the looks of that Anvil Atlas
Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

At least the vise found a good home (not with me, as I already have one). I change my mind about stuff all the time. I've been meaning to run away from home for years....
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Luked,
After high school, I got sidetracked and sold most of my fly fishing gear. In my late 20s, I got back into the sport and never looked back.

You never know if you'll need it. But it is great for it to be there.

MP
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 AM

cwg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Luked,
After high school, I got sidetracked and sold most of my fly fishing gear.
Similar, I fished...heavily when I lived in florida, about 15 rods and buckets of tackle. Including fly gear from #7 up, GAVE it away when I moved back to Ohio...only to realize a few years later, I could have used most of it...m'eh, live, learn. @ 51 its good to know I DONT have it all figger'd out yet.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to have you back Luke!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Luke: Good to hear you changed your mind! Fly fishing is a great pastime and I sure would like to see you stick with it or at least keep your gear for a time in your life where you have the time to enjoy it.

Larry
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Hey, Luke, fly-fishing doesn't have to be all that expensive, especially since you already have so much nice gear. If you're over-scheduled, just stow it until you're ready to get back in. And forget all that **** about fly-fishing gear going to hell over time. I am the "Rip Van Winkle" of fly-fishing; I was off three decades, but on my wife's suggestion, I took an old Scientific Anglers' fiberglass rod with me to Wyoming on a family vacation, which I hadn't used in all that time. It was still rigged with 6 or 7x tippet which I had last used in southern New Mexico those many years ago. Caught a 20" Cutthroat in the Grand Tetons on it, no breakage or knot slippage. So just hang onto that great gear you've got - it won't be any the worse for wear when you get back into it, and it'll probably appreciate in value, unlike selling it for a distress discount.

Last edited by Fly2Fish; 05-15-2010 at 01:21 AM.