The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oversea fisherman !! Hi there !

[quote=ben664;256402]Thanx JP !! Tu habites en France ou US?? Moi St Jean pied de Port (oui la Nive)
En France....entre Montpellier et Beziers.Je me suis fait plein de copains sur ce super forum!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

I hope also have good friends here, this or next year I plan go fishing in Bosnia (good chalk stream plenty of greylines and browns) and later US or Canada.

Ben
Old 05-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Welcome Ben! I look forward to reading of you fishing adventures and see pictures of your fish.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my warm welcome from 9 (?) times zones to the west. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your area. Not been there personally, but Wife 2.0 has been in the immediate area on several (pre 9/11) occasions.

Loved every moment of her stay(s).

Fred
Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Ben, Welcome to the Forum...Looking forward to more pictures and reports from Basque Country...
Dan
Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ben.
It's always good to see a newcomer,as I've mentioned before,it's one of the best places to be as everyone is just great & friendly.
I've watched theTour De France for years & have noticed they also go into Spain on occassions.
Cheers & Good Fishing.
Brian.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Thanx everyone !!

Here, in Europe, it's realy dry this year. (In may, we have water levels very low, like agust).

So there very few hatchs. We have to fish with nymphs. (but I prefer dry fly fishing).In may, we have Mayfly period, but this year nothing...
Old 05-17-2011, 04:12 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben664 View Post
Thanx everyone !!

Here, in Europe, it's realy dry this year. (In may, we have water levels very low, like agust).

So there very few hatchs. We have to fish with nymphs. (but I prefer dry fly fishing).In may, we have Mayfly period, but this year nothing...
I think I know why it is dry there...We stole all of your rain!! Currently much of the Mississippi River is under flood warnings. If you are not familiar with the Mississippi river; it drains 40% of the United States. It is the 3rd largest water drainage system in the world I believe. Much of it is reaching close to record levels. We've all been waiting for rain to stop since the beginning of April!

Welcome Ben, and I wish I could send some rainclouds your way!
-Jason
Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM

rogerscroggins is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I am traveling this March to Southern Spain, Andalucia area. I am trying to get information on some fishing opportunities. Fly fishing if that is good there, otherwise some idea of good fishing even off shore. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Roger from Dallas Texas