The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 AM

cwg is on a distinguished road
Default AAARGH! c'mon brown truck

jeebus, I cant get nothing done...tracking says: "on truck scheduled for delivery"
yet, I cant seem to pace it here any faster...
as soon as the greys 3wt stick gets here, I'm playin' hooky and humpin' over to the closest body of water around here..

wait....wait....wazzat??
#@*$...NOT the brown truck just some rube who needs mufflers..
Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 AM

arkman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAARGH! c'mon brown truck

Man, I know the feeling. It seems like he shows up to drop stuff off that I don't care about in the morning, but when its something I'm waiting for its 7 at night. Arg!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 AM

jeezlouise, I just knocked over my old blind dog..and it was a dandee's potato chip truck, LOL
first fly rod I've purchased in years and years....and years...
AND the first one less than a 6wt tee hee
Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 AM

boreal is on a distinguished road

I'm waitin on a rig I got in the classys here myself.
Weathers too nice not to be fishin for the love of gawd!
"I knew a tier once. One time he was holding a lump of cat hair he found on his couch, sort of twirling it about his fingers, tugging at it. I asked, what in the hell are you doing man? He looked startled, ashamed. But I knew what he was thinking. right then and there I decided to just buy my fly's thankyouverymuch." ~ cwg
Old 05-19-2010, 11:38 AM

HAHA! You sound just like me. Fishing is such and odd hobby for me to take up considering I'm the most impatient person on earth!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 PM

LOL, the driver just showed up finally, saw me waiting, and knew it was for me, so, naturally the fekker started messing around with the gizmo you sign, acted like he couldn't figure out what package was mine, yawned, stretched, looked at his watch....
This is also my business, and I never wait outside. Oh he knew, LOL. he knew...

oh very sweet rod arrived, I'm loving it
Old 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM

I'm jealous. Go get out there and catch some fish. I'm stuck at work with nothing to do but read the forums.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Take the rest of the day off. You've earned it.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:35 PM

I am really digging it.
Below is quote from my post in classifieds, sort of a review about a reintro into flyfishing after a long, long absence.
and maybe help someone new who actually uses the search function.

Quote:
Ok, the greys close-out 8' (3 section), 3/4wt arrived, the cahill 3/5 reel arrived, Allens inexpensive WF4-F arrived, got the backing, furled leader, found a padded gun case that fits perfectly.
Total investment (yes, investment) 58 rod, 14.50 reel, fineflyline from Allen 11.00, furled leader ebay 3.00
ttl 83.50 this includes all shipping etc associated with getting them here. Oh hell yes.

Extremely happy goal reached.
thanks to those who PM'd, offered help in the forums etc.
Outstanding, kudos' CWG

btw, had the Greys out grasscasting now, whew. amazing. not as fast as I had feared, lobbed 30 feet or so around the yard quite gracefully. Trying to look at, the butt to mid section appears pretty slow, mid to tip a medium, or maybe medium fast, for my style, its perfect. Too fast rods, while seemingly the rage now, make me snap my fly off, lol.
Allens line shot out like a laser beam, whatever brand it is, very nice. That ebay furled leader laid down after the line hit the grass like a dream.
the cheap cahills real was the only one less than a hundred bucks that met my target of 3-3.5 ounces. I reel with my right hand, another pain to find, Just a thumb and two fingers to cast this effortlessly.
boo-rah, off to water
Just got back from a stream a mile or so from here. Sunfish, some carp, some smallmouths, maybe- healthy minnow and crayfish population, its the West branch of the Rocky River, so possibly.
First fish was a poor mans trout, about a foot long horned chub, nailed the green spider. He blasted it, then skittered across the surface and made a heck of a run down stream, maybe 5-10 feet. Had no idea they got that big, or actually would scrap.
Caught a couple of more, but had quite a few half passes, heavy swirls under the floater.
Barely had half an hour, and just couldn't stand NOT going for a minute or two.
This is my first "light" combo- and I'm blown away, nearly able to will the whole ball of line this way or that, quite unlike the slow 6# rig I've used for some time. Side arm, semi-roll cast, short forward tosses, dang, if I weren't fat, old and angry, I'd look like Brad Pitt out there
Old 05-19-2010, 02:12 PM

stasher1 will become famous soon enoughstasher1 will become famous soon enough

Congrats on your new toy. If that's the rod I think it is, I almost bought it but went with the Gremlin instead.

Looks like you got a good one, enjoy it.