The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM

boreal is on a distinguished road
Default Won't need cwg's Pruning shears...

My flockin' river's on fire
Crews battle two forest fires in northern Michigan | detnews.com | The Detroit News

The Mason tract is the only place I've ever fished for trout
"I knew a tier once. One time he was holding a lump of cat hair he found on his couch, sort of twirling it about his fingers, tugging at it. I asked, what in the hell are you doing man? He looked startled, ashamed. But I knew what he was thinking. right then and there I decided to just buy my fly's thankyouverymuch." ~ cwg
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 PM

cwg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Won't need cwg's Pruning shears...

Whoa! I posted that pruning thread as a joke, but that fire is no joke.
some of favorite spots in florida were ruined for months and months after a fire ripped thru- dang, hope they get it under control
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

WOOZER!

It's still so 'cold' here in Southern Oregon that I had to turn on the furnace again this morning. A bleeding Forest Fire???!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Boreal,

The Mason Tract is such a gem and a bad fire would be horrendous.

Frank
Old 05-20-2010, 03:47 PM

boreal is on a distinguished road

Well the cabin is fine. Looks like it was primarily south of the Mason.
Stressing cause I can't get up there till Memorial day though.
Much of that area were jackpines and ripe for a blaze anyway.

Just hope it doesn't wreck the river.
"I knew a tier once. One time he was holding a lump of cat hair he found on his couch, sort of twirling it about his fingers, tugging at it. I asked, what in the hell are you doing man? He looked startled, ashamed. But I knew what he was thinking. right then and there I decided to just buy my fly's thankyouverymuch." ~ cwg
Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Boreal, I talked to Andy this morning; the fire didn't reach the river corridor and it's pretty much contained so the river will be fine.

Dan