The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default Brook Trout Trouble In the Smokies

WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Fish-shocking survey reveals trout sabotage in Smokies
Old 06-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Brook Trout Trouble In the Smokies

Chris,

That is a sorry tale. I am familiar with this area (Tremont) and used to fish it often. I have a cousin at Alcoa TN. and he is a brook trout lover. We have an invasive species here that is a huge problem to Alaska salmon and trout. Northern Pike have been introduced to lakes here and are in the process of decimating the native species in many Alaskan lakes.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Yeah, people can just be so selfish sometimes Ard
Old 06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame that some knuckleheads are jeopardizing the restoration effort. If they're ever caught I hope they get the book thrown at them.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: Thanks for posting that information. Sorry to hear someone is sabatoging the Park Service's efforts to establish brook trout back into that area, that is very sad.

Larry
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

Thats a down right shame that someone that low would pull something like that! I've done alot of work with TU during my thirtyfive years of fly fishing and one of our favorite Brook Trout streams up in the north Georgia mountains was inhanced to help out the Brookies so that they would have deeper water and better habitat....... its sad when your fellow man does garbage like that! I hope they catch the people responsable for that distruction!!!! I say( Hangem' High )
Old 06-09-2010, 05:25 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Those 'Bucket Biologists' seem to think they know more than the rest of us and then they ruin it for the rest of us. Sad commentary on such a dedicated project.

Kelly.