The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renegade Mods

Got the Renegade user friendly, at least for my car. I drive a Grand Vitara, and room is a problem so,
Here is the mods:
New rear glue on Rod holder and Battery sitting on a piece of carpet and secured.
Click the image to open in full size.

The I added one more glue on rod holder up front, that is out of the way if I choose to row while fishing:

Both these holders are totally adjustable too, plus I still have the Scotty Tube mount if I find I need one more holder, but this is good so far.

Now The sonar screen is a little challenging. Due to the oars, you are limited to where to mount. I took a 1/4" thick by 3" wide by 18" long piece of wood and attached a piece of velcro as there is some in the bottom of the bag already

I use the 4" Ram mount for the Screen:

Now the Transducer, well I owe that to Peter for sure. So simple!!!

Since this picture I did make another mod. I went to Kirkam's and bought 3" nylon web for the strap, and I put the bolt more to the middle of the aluminum pole. Added a wing nut for easy tightening.

So back to a big boat in a small package.

Oh, and the new feather light oars!!!! Might not be using the motor that much.

The boat still rolls up nice and small, and I don't need to haul the deck now.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renegade Mods

Joni: Very nice looking! I really like how you have the transducer and sonar setup, some food for thought for when my boat arrives.

Larry

Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

That is a pretty tricked out water ride. Very nice.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:35 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Those glued rod holders are the bomb. The holder itself looks like a Scotty, but the base (part that's glued-on) doesn't look like mine w/ straps. That would solve some problems on my boat. Straps have to go in front of the seat and it's always a battle with the oars. How did you do it?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Creative mods for sure.

What's under the tan auto cover................??

Pocono
Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

very nice ride!
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

The mounts are Scotty. Glued on with Stabond. The mounts have stainless steel square nuts underneath that you insert before gluing the mount on. Then use a Scotty side deck mount #241 I think. Item 31.
Amazon.com: Scotty: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Scotty: Sports & Outdoors
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Creative mods for sure.

What's under the tan auto cover................??

Pocono

Our NEW Surveyor trailer. Taking care of the investment...LOL
But uncovered now for the weekend....hopefully. Looks like the weather realized it was a long weekend cause rain and 50's are now predicted...ARGH!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM

fishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the rough

As a moderator on another forum, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Uh-oh, somebody thinks this forum has some rogue moderators."

Chris
Old 05-25-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnskiguy View Post
As a moderator on another forum, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Uh-oh, somebody thinks this forum has some rogue moderators."

Chris
LMAO, but understood