The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:02 PM

jrc is on a distinguished road
Default One great company

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everybody know about my experience with the Allen & Co.

My name is Jeff and I am new to the forum as of a couple months ago, so I want to say hello as well. After bouncing around and researching fly reels I figured it was time to take everyone’s advice and try the Allen & Co. products. I ordered one of the Alpha series reels at the end of May and checked my mailbox everyday like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. After the first week I emailed Justin to inquire about the tracking number. We couldn't find it. He emailed me every day to check if it had shown up after 2 weeks we figured it was either an ordering error or got lost in the mail. Either way he put another one in the mail a couple of days ago. Well Christmas showed up yesterday!!!! What a beautiful reel.
Today I got home and Christmas had shown up again. Yea, the original order had shown up. I called Justin to let him know about the additional delivery and to tell him I would mail it back tomorrow. He said NO, he would prefer that I keep it, give it my kid, or just someone who enjoys to fish. His company name and reputation meant more than any reel. My daughter is now the proud new owner of an Allen & Co. reel and I am a customer for life. I would recommend this company to everyone who believes in quality products and customer service. Justin is one class act.
Thanks Jeff
Old 06-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One great company

Jeff: Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your experience with Allen Fly Fishing. You are correct Justin is very enjoyable to do business with and indeed a class act!

Larry
Old 06-10-2010, 06:24 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

That is a class act. Kudos to Justin. I've been telling everyone I know about Allen Fly Fishing. And referring them here for verification of their integrity and quality. This just furthers my desire to refer people to him.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:10 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

jrc.
Kudo's to Justin. I think it's great to hear of such "over-the-top" customer service this day and age. He's had my business in the past and will get it for a long time to come.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff thanks for posting, this is great to hear.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:48 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm.... I feel an Allen reel coming on - soon!

That is a great customer service story and if Justin's products are as good as his business ethics, then he must produce an excellent product.

Thanks for the story, Jeff.

Pocono
Old 06-11-2010, 11:34 AM

Bakerloo is on a distinguished road

I have the Allen trout 3/5. It's nice, real nice. I can't wait for the combo's to come out. Justin I need a 9' 4wt. Well, I don't need it, I want it. haha
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 PM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerloo View Post
I have the Allen trout 3/5. It's nice, real nice. I can't wait for the combo's to come out. Justin I need a 9' 4wt. Well, I don't need it, I want it. haha
Baker, I understand that completely The need verses the want.

I'm fast aquiring reels and rods myself. My excuse is, my 3 sons willl use them...

Boser
Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 AM

indymatt is on a distinguished road

Great to hear!

I was looking for a nice 8wt reel for a custom rod that a friend has built me. I was looking at Lamson's and was ready to pull the trigger. I got a message on another site that I should check out his products and I was referred to this site. I emailed Justin several times regarding his products and the reviews seem great! I just order an 8wt. reel and a 3wt combo, flyline, and bonefish line for a trip down to Mexico for less than the Lamson! I just ordered and will give a report once I give the products a good test! I am looking forward to it.

The personnal recommendation that I recieved is a testament to how he runs his business! I know Lamson makes quality products but helping out individuals and companies like this to me is a lot more satifying!

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-16-2010, 06:14 AM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

I think I'm going to buy the trout reel real soon. Do you like the alpha reel? Why'd you chose that over the trout? How's it look and perform?