The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Post That Horrible Day

I am posting this on all the forums that I go to, so if you read it on one, ignore it on the other

Here it is that dredfull day....9/11. Here is my recap:

I recieved a phone call from my mother telling me to turn on the TV. I said what channel? She aid I am sure it won't matter. So I did and my jaw dropped. I thought "Is this for real?"
It was horrible. Watcing the news, you say footage that you will never see again. People actually leaping from the windows.
I kept thinking, what the HECK is going on, can this really be happening. I was numb the whole week, or should I say for several months.
Watching the movie recap last night and tonight, makes me angry that it might have been somewhat expected. I know the show is speculations and of course the ol' "shoulda, woulda, coulda." But, the news saying we had our chance to kill Bin and we didn't.
It has made us all much HUMBLER (if that is the word) and I appriciate every day and every thing in a whole new way.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: That Horrible Day

This is the aniversery of the day my eldest son decided he needed to join the US Army. He turned 21 this last August 7th and as of that date he had already seen combat in Iraq. He has been in the Army 3 yrs and is now a Sergeant and assault team leader. He is now with the 82nd Airborne and is attatched to a SF group that is returning to Afghanistan sometime in the next 60 days.

God Bless America. God bless our men and women currently serving this great country.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

fshfanatic, is this the son that I drug in at Mantua? If so, wow, does time fly!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni
fshfanatic, is this the son that I drug in at Mantua? If so, wow, does time fly!
No actually, this is his older brother. Michael, the one you rescued, is now 19. So I guess time does fly as that was like 7 yrs ago..
Old 09-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

Yes, I think we can all agree that it was a horrible day for America. Not since WWII has there been such a bold attempt to break the spirits and hopes of the American Dream. I want to believe that we are a better America for it and hope to see peace and harmony in the coming years at less for my childrens sake. I think the following quote sums up what we should strife toward in order to achieve this goal.

"I see America, not in the setting sun of a black night of despair ahead of us, I see America in the crimson light of a rising sun fresh from the burning, creative hand of God. I see great days ahead, great days possible to men and women of will and vision." Carl Sandburg
US biographer & poet (1878 - 1967)

Peace be with you,
Terry
Old 09-11-2006, 03:00 PM

Here are some pics of my boy. God Damn I am a proud dad!
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:08 PM

freeze69 will become famous soon enoughfreeze69 will become famous soon enough

the company i work for am general(producer of the military humvee) did a flag raising ceremony and then put it at half staff today. we paid our respects to the people that lost there lives that day and there families. we also paid respect to all the military personal that have lost there lives fighting since then and all the personal that have and are currently serving overseas in these areas of combat.

on that dreadfull day i was on my way out fishing when i heard the news of the first plane and turned around and called it a day. never even hit the water that day. after hearing this i was in no mood to even try to fish. just thinking of all the lives lost.

may all of our servicemen/woman return home safely. we at am general wish to say thank you to all of servicemen/woman both past and present.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 AM

tlcgpw is on a distinguished road

nice looking son you have.
proud of all that are over seas and at home.
Joni thanks,
thay was a bad day for all.
have a sis that lives 6 blocks from
the WTC and bro in law that works
on wall St. he was late getting to work that day
and saw it all.
bad sh#t.
see ya Greg