The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Soul fish 2 (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/150807-soul-fish-2-a.html)

Bigfly 06-18-2011 01:56 PM

Soul fish 2

At the risk of seeming biased, I wanted to let folks know that a local guy, Mikey Weir released his new fishing DVD, Soul fish 2.
I may never fish the waters featured, but I'm glad somebody did.
Watched it last night, probably again tonight too.
If you are thinking of busting a move to fish somewhere, this is just the thing to see.
Mongolia might be in my future. Maybe.
Another local, Ralph Cutter appears on some small water nearby.
Lots of exotic flora and fauna too.
Could give you fish dreams.:thmbup:

oarfish 06-18-2011 02:17 PM

Re: Soul fish 2

Hey Jim just a question, one of the Cutters wrote a book about his farther or grandfather planting trout from milk cans in the Sierra's before Cutter Labs was formed. I know this is a long shot but do you recall the name of the book, or the name of the author?. I've lost my copy and would like to find another, thanks.

Rick

Bigfly 06-18-2011 02:50 PM

Rick, Sierra trout guide I believe.
Amato publications.
Ralph may be coming out with the new one.
His DVD "Bug Underworld" is worth a view.

Jim

oarfish 06-18-2011 03:11 PM

Thanks for the reply Bigfly, I'll give the Cutters a call next week, I was able to find more info by your posting of Ralph Cutters name, again thanks.

Rick

innes 06-18-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfly (Post 273094)
At the risk of seeming biased, I wanted to let folks know that a local guy, Mikey Weir released his new fishing DVD, Soul fish 2.
I may never fish the waters featured, but I'm glad somebody did.
Watched it last night, probably again tonight too.
If you are thinking of busting a move to fish somewhere, this is just the thing to see.
Mongolia might be in my future. Maybe.
Another local, Ralph Cutter appears on some small water nearby.
Lots of exotic flora and fauna too.
Could give you fish dreams.:thmbup:

Soul Fish 2 is a great video. So good I just bought SF1. I'm also trying to talk a friend into a Mongolia trip next year. vr

MoscaPescador 06-18-2011 09:27 PM

I will admit it. I'm biased. Mikey is considered a friend. He does great work to promote fly fishing. Soul Fish 2 is a great example.

I caught the preview at an after party when the International Sportsmen's Expo was in town. It was great to see some of the people involved. Ralph and Lisa were at a table close to mine. Brent "Fish Pimp" Dawson and Mikey were close by. April Vokey was sitting right across from me.

Soul Fish 2 has some great footage. The Mongolia footage was awesome. My favorite part was the BC scenes.

Dennis

Bigfly 06-19-2011 11:23 AM

April...................BC................STEEL... ...
I could go there..
Had fish dreams last night, (Tiger fish) be careful of over application with this DVD.