The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 07:17 PM

whalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the rough
Default How to Repair Waders with Aquaseal

My waders have a couple of pin-prick holes that are leaking. I found them by turning the waders inside out and filling with water. Now the question I have has to do with using aquaseal for repairing them. Do I just cover the area with Aquaseal or do I cut a piece of patch material and use aquaseal as a glue to bind the patch to the waders?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-18-2011, 09:29 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Repair Waders with Aquaseal

Just smudge a few dabs of Aqua Seal over the holes.

Dennis
Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 AM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

Simms has a video on YouTube showing how to find the pinholes and then repair them. The rubbing alcohol works better than I expected
Old 06-19-2011, 02:00 AM

whalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the rough

Thanks !!!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Does alcohol only work on goretex to find holes? A guy had posted awhile back that he used a 1 hour silicone caulking for hole patching. I have some uv wader repair but would only use that if I had to. It isn't flexible.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that 'YES' the alcohol/water mixture will only work on Gore-Tex products.

The UV wader repair from Loon is a great product and will work fine, especially on pinhole repairs where flexability isn't so much of an issue.

Wow! There are some really good wader repair vids on youtube.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."