The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 12:51 AM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about
Default Outlaw challenger setup

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find instructions to set up the additional seats on the challenger?

Preferably suitable for the imagination challenged?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 05:12 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Outlaw challenger setup

Hope this helps.I'd love that boat. Single, two man, three man, framed or frameless.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:56 AM

Thanks, that's helpful.

Any pics of the front seat setup on the frameless model?
Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
Thanks, that's helpful.

Any pics of the front seat setup on the frameless model?
Click the image to open in full size.
This is on the Renegade- same setup. Is this the same seat you have or is it the one with the brass clips?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM

That's the same seat I have. Im ok with the rowing seat and the one on the back. There is one that goes in front where the pontoons are long. I'm not sure how that is set up. There is a mesh covered rectangle frame, another soft seat, and another foot bar to add the third seat in front of the rowing seat. I'm not sure how to get it all strapped on, and I haven't been able to find a picture of it set up with all 3 seats.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:56 PM

driftaway is on a distinguished road

Have you tried contacting the place where you bought it from?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:13 PM

I have, but they were not as helpful as I'd hoped. I will call them again if I can't find a photo of the setup. Sometimes, other owners are more helpful with the real life operations.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
That's the same seat I have. Im ok with the rowing seat and the one on the back. There is one that goes in front where the pontoons are long. I'm not sure how that is set up. There is a mesh covered rectangle frame, another soft seat, and another foot bar to add the third seat in front of the rowing seat. I'm not sure how to get it all strapped on, and I haven't been able to find a picture of it set up with all 3 seats.
Do you have the two frames or just the one? The only way you'll get a 3rd seat on is if you have 2 separate frames. If you look at the video, the first picture is a single man setup with the clip on seat- strictly solo fishing.
At the 6 second thru 36 second mark it shows a two man set up. Two separate frames- one in front of the other. At the 37 to 46 second mark it shows the 3 man set up with the soft seat at the rear. It's really quite simple if you have two frames. If you only have one frame, you can't set up a 3rd man.
I'm very familiar with the boats, but I'm having a hard time understanding your question.
The mesh covered rectangular frame is a deck you can strap down in front or back as you choose, and put whatever on it- cooler, etc. You normally don't get a deck with the frameless models.
I have the hard deck, but it goes on my Outlaw X5 which is a framed model.
The foot bar is used for solo running. Foot bar and soft seat and you. No one else. It clips to the front of the toons.
Each frame has a foot bar and sliding platform goes on the front or casting frame.
One thing you have to remember.
The Challenger can be bought as a:
1. Solo boat with the soft seat.
That is the frameless Challenger.
davescadden2010catalog
Then with the next model, it's a
2. 1 man framed-
that includes only ONE frame.
Then you have the
3. 2 man framed boat. That has 2 separate frames.
4. 3 man framed boat has 2 frames and a soft seat with long straps.
Challenger XXX davescadden2010catalog
It's the same frameless boat as the solo one man frameless.
but it's 4 different configurations using 1 or 2 frames. It all depends on what you bought.
Very versatile.
Now which boat did you get?
Hope I could help you here and it clears up some things.

(the only difference between the 2 and 3 man is the extra soft seat so there is no Challenger XX picture)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:46 AM

Thanks Mojo

I do not have a frame. I called Dave yesterday and had a long conversation. Everything makes sense now!

Adding the 3rd seat with the deck is a non standard option, which explains the lack of photos. It is usually pushed up here to help with the weight limits flying.

I have it mostly set up now. I still need to glue on some additional D- rings to secure the deck and foot bar.

Thanks again for your help. I will post pics when I'm done in case anyone else us trying to set it up this way.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mojo

I do not have a frame. I called Dave yesterday and had a long conversation. Everything makes sense now!

Adding the 3rd seat with the deck is a non standard option, which explains the lack of photos. It is usually pushed up here to help with the weight limits flying.

I have it mostly set up now. I still need to glue on some additional D- rings to secure the deck and foot bar.

Thanks again for your help. I will post pics when I'm done in case anyone else us trying to set it up this way.
You're already set up for your foot bar- right in front towards the tips of the toons.
Click the image to open in full size.
As for the deck, you strap it on (using cam straps) in back of your seat using the existing d rings.
No need to add extra for either.