The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 11:40 AM

freeze69 will become famous soon enoughfreeze69 will become famous soon enough
Default Thank You Joni:

Joni,

finally got a chance to try your fly line loop. put it on my 8wt on monday night and got out today. i was very impressed and pleased to say the least. was using a 12lb. p-line tippet (salmon fishing) got snagged up several times and had to break off. no easy task with that tippet. the fly line loop never budged. wouldn't have tried that at all with the cortland braided leader connector. very easy to do and didn't interferre at all with my guides and the performance of the rod or line. unfournately no fish though. water was moving very fast on the river. we've had several inches of rain in the last week. the people that were catching were all telling me that they were hoping to see me hook up into one just to witness the fight. all those people were using regular gear and about a ounce or 2 weight just to keep there spawn sacks in place. rough day out and about.

again thanks for the tip.

jerry freet
aka freeze6
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank You Joni:

RIGHT ON! I would have like to hear you hooked up also, more pictures.
Glad it worked for you....I just love it whan a plan comes together
Mwaahaaahaaa!
You might want to check for wear or cracks in the loops ones in awhile. Make sure the mono isn't cutting into the line, but no big deal, just do it again.
After that 34" I caught I think I am doomed to go for the STEELIES now.
Alright though, got the 8wt with the 3" fighting butt for my weenie arms
Old 10-06-2006, 03:00 PM

freeze69 will become famous soon enoughfreeze69 will become famous soon enough

planning on going out again tomorrow. hoping the water level goes down a bit from above the dam. if it does then i'll be in the water instead of about 10 feet above it. did see a interesting device there today though. a gentleman took a pool cleaning pole and put a net on the end and ended up with a net with about a 30 foot reach and terrific strengh. will have to keep the watching for wear and what not. still a lot better than heating up the line to heat shrink a braided loop on.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:52 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

I tried that same loop and it really is nice.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM

xjguy07 is on a distinguished road

what loop might this be?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 PM

Fishstick is on a distinguished road

Joni - No matter "where" you post, it's always sage advice. You keep this up and somebody is going to write a book about you. Nice work again......
Old 10-25-2006, 02:58 PM

I am proud of my fishing (the fact that I get to do as much as I do), But I do want to say, that these aren't my ideas, just stuff i pick up on the way and I am not too proud to give credit where credit is due. Alas, I got this idea from a magazine several years ago, so I don't recall when, where, or what it was called.