The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Seattle Vacation question: fish the Yakima or for sea run cuts???

I will be in Seattle towards the end of July. I have never been so I have no idea as to the fishing options. I Plan to fish, just not sure if I should bring gear for chasing sea run cuts or fishing the Yakima River. Fishing for sea runs cuts would be out of my comfort zone, which I am good with if I can get some pointers on fly’s & techniques. I will be in the Lake Washington area, but willing to drive hours for good fishing.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

Thank you,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-28-2011, 02:42 PM

oregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Seattle Vacation question: fish the Yakima or for sea run cuts???

Reverse spiders... strip them like a wooly bugger through slower, frog water. Think low gradient areas, closer to tide water. Also, they like to hang out around structure. They are ambush predators.

They'll be in most coastal rivers. Ask the local shops.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Oregonism,
Thanks for the reply. I am getting excited about the trip. I will be fishing the yak and then some coastal stuff. Again, thank you....

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I read about this fishery in a magazine. It sounds like a blast. Maybe some day...

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey