The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 08:59 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default A good year

2011 has been a pretty good year fishing wise. My Son discovered that fly fishing was more interesting than hardware fishing in that he likes to keep mentally active all of the time. Fly fishing provided alot to think about, presentation, casting, entomology. He has turned out to be a good caster with a very few hours under his belt. He caught his forst Crowsnest River trout this year, lost lots, waded and kept up for a couple of days of hard fishing. For me it was all about not fishing and guiding him. I did manage a fish but I think the first day I made three casts one of which produced a fish and the second day a couple of casts. It was all about him and he had a great couple of days. We are heading out again as school is finally out. Posting a few pictures here of the Crowsnest trip. Sorry for the poor fish shot but we are all about quick when we are getting it back in the water.
Click the image to open in full size.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:48 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A good year

It's good to hear he's come over to the "dark side." Congrats to both of you.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 06-26-2011, 05:46 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like some good times, Kerry. Nice fish!

Pocono
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nice. Thanks for sharing those Kerry.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:50 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Thanks for sharing Kerry. It's great you and your son can enjoy the sport together. I know it has made my Dad and my relationship stronger over the years and will continue to do so. Enjoy the great times!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great to have good time on the water with one's son KerryHow old is yours?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

My son is 16 and still likes getting out with me so I am counting my blessings. He likes his video games like most youngsters but if I am going out the door to go fishing he is right there so it keeps me inspired as well LOL.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:03 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great pics!
i hope to get my daughter into our sport in a few years.

casey

ARFE
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM

Caseywise that is a good goal, fly fihsing is a great platform to meet your kids on, at least I think so.
Hey just an update here, two days ago my Son caught his first fish on dries. It was great! He has a whole new appreciation for fishing them. No pictures, too busy handling the net and getting the fish in the water.