The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hook in Eye Video!

Saw this on another forum. OUCH!!! When I move upstream of my wife, she
gives me about 2 seconds to move. I tend to grab her line as it passes my
face, and hold it until I'm fairly safe.....
Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 AM

patyer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hook in Eye Video!

I can't watch more than a second or two. It just makes me cringe.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Frank. I'm just glad I didn't have breakfast yet...
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi FrankB2,

After reading Ant's and patyer's comments I decided to pass on that one.

Frank
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not too bad, Frank.....REALLY The doctor removing the the little PTN is actually quite skilled, and the process takes very little time.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Video's not showing (not that I'm disappointed), but I'm guessing the "victim" wasn't wearing sunglasses. 'Nuff said.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM

Unlike the YouTube videos, you need to click on the title at the top of the
video box.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Unlike the YouTube videos, you need to click on the title at the top of the
video box.
Somehow I wish you hadn't told me that Yuck!

Best advertisement I ever saw for sunglasses and barbless hooks.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM

devon flyfisher will become famous soon enoughdevon flyfisher will become famous soon enough

Apart from the obvious advice guys, wear eye protection, if you come across this situation make sure both eyes are covered with a protective eye patch or similar until you get to hospital.
Its just that if only the affected eye is covered, the uncovered eye still looks around, followed by the eye with the fly in!
That can make a bad situation a lot worse.
Regards
Richard
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon flyfisher View Post
Apart from the obvious advice guys, wear eye protection, if you come across this situation make sure both eyes are covered with a protective eye patch or similar until you get to hospital.
Its just that if only the affected eye is covered, the uncovered eye still looks around, followed by the eye with the fly in!
That can make a bad situation a lot worse.
Regards
Richard
Hi Richard,
I never would have thought of that! Great advice!