The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 AM

gila steve is on a distinguished road
Default Cabelas Rod

A couple of weeks ago a frend of mine gave me a cabelas Caddis Creek 8'6" 5 wt rod that he bought last spring when i was trying to talk him in to fly fishing, And he never hung a reel on it or took the plastic off the cork. But anyway i took it out last night and was impressed at how well it casts. I really like the feel of it.It feels more like my glass rods, Plus its not a bad lookin either. For the price i may have to get another one!

Steve
Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cabelas Rod

I have a few cabelas rods and I like them as well. I also like the fact that when I did have a problem with one of them, I walked it into the store and they replaced it on the spot, no questions asked. I am told, though I have not confirmed, that the majority of cabelas rods are made by redington, who I guess is now sage.

d
Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 AM

ncflyboy will become famous soon enoughncflyboy will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Cabelas Rod

Isn't it fantastic when you find a rod that turns you on? I've heard many nice things about Cabela's rods.

Cabela's has nice flylines too. I'm currently using the "Prestige Plus" on a 4wt.

Cheers,

Robert
Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM

gila steve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyboy View Post
Isn't it fantastic when you find a rod that turns you on? I've heard many nice things about Cabela's rods.

Cabela's has nice flylines too. I'm currently using the "Prestige Plus" on a 4wt.

Cheers,

Robert
Yup it is and it makes it even better if it dosent break the bank. None of my rods or reels are very pricey and i sure dont have a problem with a guy spending big bucks on a rod and reel,One day i hope to own a Sage or Winston rod and a top of the line Hardy reel !! But right now it sure makes me happy to find a rod or reel that i really like and not cause a divorce,or take the grocery money to buy it .
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

In the past, not sure about now, Cabela's had their best rods made by G-Loomis. I had not heard the Redington Sage thing before, but I'm not that surprised. They have a history of making pretty good stuff. One of my favorite reels is a Cabela's.