The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Don't Pee on an Electric Fence

Hey Guys...When you're enjoying a good day of fishing and need to take a nature break... whatever you do... please, do not pee on an electric fence. That seems like the best way to put a bad end to a good day of fishing. Take a look! http://sanjuanriverforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=118

Old 01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Pee on an Electric Fence

Looks like the Pic (should u dare to look at it) requires registration on the forum to view. This link might work better for some http://sanjuanriverforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=118

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:39 PM

EHC is on a distinguished road

I'm not even sure what that image was of...probably better that way!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHC View Post
I'm not even sure what that image was of...probably better that way!
I can tell you this, I am never eating sausage links again! WOOOOO!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Wish you could have told me that 10 yrs ago. I did that very thing and it sure isnt very pleasant.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 AM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough

I knew a kid who did that when we were younger, no it wasn't me. Fortunately it was a very low voltage fence and he suffered no permanent damage.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

It reminds me of a tale I tell to explain the 3 ways men can learn. #1: there are a small number of men in the world who learn mostly by simply reading. #2: There is a slightly larger number of men who can avoid trouble by observing the mistakes of others. #3: However, the majority of us just have to pee on the electric fence for ourselves.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 PM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough
Re: Don't Pee on an Electric Fence

I cannot open the picture, but if it the same one I saw on another site I can tell you it was not due to peeing on an electric fence. I asked my daughter about it. She finishes medical school in May and she had seen it too. It is called dry gangrene and it is normally due to wearing a certain type of ring around one's member for too long a period of time.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:05 PM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough

One more thing. When I was about twelve I was sleeping in a trailer at a drilling site (my dad was a geologist and I often went with him to the field). About three in the morning I had a call from mother nature so I left the trailer to do my thing. I peed on an electric fence. I was instantly wide awake! No burns, but I attribute this incident as the reason I had daughters instead of sons.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lang View Post
...It is called dry gangrene and it is normally due to wearing a certain type of ring around one's member for too long a period of time.
Oh yeah... I almost forgot. Not only should you not pee on an electric fence when your fishing... but you should not wear your member ring either. It adversely effects your casting stroke.