The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 06:58 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: favorite fly box?

I am kinda' partial to Wheatley boxes...but I like the plastic boxes for fast identification...

Click the image to open in full size.

Just a few I use...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
That's an great link. Thanks oarfish.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:11 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

sims aluminum wheatley for mr slotted foam r reese
Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I got a few foam type ones but like my fav is my 16 compartment spring loaded window box. great for eggs and nymphs and has a lil foam on the other side for streamers. kind of like this one pictured
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

My fly box collection is constantly evolving. I seem to enjoy organizing my flies in various groups. lol. As of right now i have a lot of cheap grey plastic boxes that hold most of my flies. I am slowly changing over to Upmqua UPG series fly boxes. As of right now i have 4. They quality is high and it is nice to be able to see inside without opening.

I also have a really nice green plastic Orvis box that is foam on one side and small compartments on the other. That one is the box i take with me for general trout fishing while wading.

I would like to get a nice wood fly box with an engraving of the Deschutes on it.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:53 PM

TexUte Fly will become famous soon enoughTexUte Fly will become famous soon enough

so i just found a box i really like, its the "thinnest box" for my nymphs, i can carry this on my chest in my vest and not even feel it. its gonna be this one its got split foam. really like this thing.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

If your town has a Sportsman's Warehouse you better check there before paying $10 for one on eBay.................... I bought one of those to put flies I tied for a charity fundraiser at the Warehouse for $6.00. Pretty nice box and they will hold flies up to #4 Bartleet style hooks. I managed to get a dozen in one without crowding so if you have small flies they'll hold a nice bunch.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-02-2012, 01:05 PM

flyfishbeck is on a distinguished road

Bug Luggage^3
Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Big fan of the C&F boxes that have foam sheets that can be swapped out. They are not cheap to begin with, but you can swap out foam sheets easily and for about the cost of a new box when the sheets get torn up or when you want to change, say from mayflies to terrestrials. Much faster to go this route than changing out your box fly by fly. Definitely a lifetime investment.

The clear boxes are excellent for dry flies and general storage of extras. Also like the Umpqua boxes as well.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 PM

heck will become famous soon enough

there was a link on one forum about making your own box I especially liked the altoids box they had shown so, I went straight to the store bought four altoids cans, two big and two small boxes some foam and some super glue, went home and made 4 new fly boxes just the way I wanted them now thats all i use.