The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 02:20 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Good Fishing, Good Time with Uncle (pics)

Couple of weeks ago i posted about my Uncle having cancer and going camping with him.Well he wanted to go to our camp at Mount Sterling just outside the GSMNP so we went and his doctors report was not bad but not good he was told he was no better but he was no worse so in his case i think thats good news to be maintaining and still getting out to fish.He had one of his buddies from college who lives in Gatlinburg,TN.come stay one night (his buddy has cancer to) well they had wanted fish to eat so we had a fish fry on sat. after he fished with my dad. My cousin, my girlfriend and myself rode about 10 miles on horses and fished and had a great day at it on a fly that i tied and a Rainbow Warrior.It was well worth the 20 mile round trip ride.Here is the camp we have.
Click the image to open in full size.
My Uncle resting on the porch.
The Midnight hole on Big Creek.
Up higher where we fished.
A couple of Speckle Trout
A few more stream shots.
and a snail back at camp the gf took a pic of.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Fishing, Good Time with Uncle (pics)

That's a lovely little streamappetizing snails you got in the area....would eat some with pleasurepick up some and try this recipehttp://gastronome.bloguez.com/gastronome/626769/escargots-de-bourgogne
Old 07-25-2011, 03:12 PM

billydafish is on a distinguished road

That is one awesome looking cabin. How big they (the fish I mean) get round about that area BTW?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Billy some rainbow get good sized a few of the specks get in 9" range