The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a Fly Rod that you wouldn't part with?

My 15' 8/9 wt. Meiser. In fact when I die, I want them to put it in the box with me.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM

TexUte Fly will become famous soon enoughTexUte Fly will become famous soon enough

a question for all you, how often do you use these rods? i know when i have a snowboard that means something to me i ride it 1-2 times a season where my other 4 boards i ride 20-30 time each a season. im afraid ill break the one that means something to me and when i have a rod i know ill be afraid id break that too and never use it.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

My answer would have to be none. I use all my rods at times. Even when I get a new rod in one class or the other I keep the old one. Still have all my rods including the hand me downs from Dad. Have 2 7wt, 4 6wt, 1 5wt, 1 3wt.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 07-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

My Scott G955...fished with it for many years and my son Nico doesn't want to use another rod

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Was going to forget my Quarrow Big Horn 9'5wt....a great rodwon't sell it for it's impossible to find one now
Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Those are the rods that I wouldn't give up. It's a short list; here are my "keeper" rods:

1. Diamondback Diamondglass 7'6" 3 wt. (ideal for native Brookies in small freestone streams)
2. Sage Z-axis 9'0" 5 wt. (the best all-around rod that I've ever fished)
3. Sage TCX 9'0" 7 wt. (level lined, overlined for Bones on the windy flats or underlined for a sleepy Smallmouth fisherman, this is one nice stick)
4. Scott S4S 9'0" 9 wt. (a new rod for me, but it looks like love at first bite: this one shoots more line than you carry in the air on your backcast; great for quick, accurate deliveries of prarie dog-sized flies in coldwater salt fishing conditions)

That's it for me. The rest; outside of the sentimental keepers, could all go........if they really had to.....

Pocono
How much do you want for that sweet Tom Morgan rod???
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
How much do you want for that sweet Tom Morgan rod???
Allan wanted to swap it with my Quarrow....I wouldn't
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Won't part with any of my Loomis rods, especially my old 9' 4wt IMX. All of them were wrapped and built by me 'cept for the 3 and 6wts I bought from IMXER.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

1979 Orvis 7' 9" Far & Fine.

For years it was all I used and caught everything on it except kings. When I got a load of them I felt like Sheriff Brody when the shark came up behind the boat after the chum. I just used it yesterday and it's still the best I have

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM

driftaway is on a distinguished road

My Winston 9' 4wt IM6. Its just a pleasure to fish with.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Orvis superfine 2 wt 6'6" creek/panfish rod...the older unsanded model. Very cool to throw dries from my tube to smaller trouties in the higher lakes.