The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess where?

For the last couple evenings I've been digging around in a few boxes and looking for old pics from younger days to post in "The what did you look like when you started fishing" thread. It has been fun to see the changes that have taken place to people and places we've traveled.

I know many of us have fished some of the same waters so I thought it would be interesting and fun to post a pic or two of some of my favorite places and see if anyone can guess where the pic was taken.

Enjoy!

Pic #1.
Click the image to open in full size.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 07-29-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Guess where?

Henry's Fork.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

How about if we get specific and mention that its the Box Canyon of the Henry's Fork...

Kelly.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
How about if we get specific and mention that its the Box Canyon of the Henry's Fork...

Kelly.

Atta Boy KG!! That's what I'm talking about!!

Looking upstream from Lunch Counter.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Let's try another.

Pic #2.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-29-2011, 12:05 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Pic #2 SJR?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 PM

gila steve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Pic #2 SJR?
Im with Big Fly on this one. The San Juan?
Steve
Cooperate, Act Alone, Solve Equations, Analyze A New Problem, Pitch Manure, Program A Computer,Cook a Tasty Meal, Fly Fish,
Fight Efficently And Die Gallantly...............
Specialization Is For Insects!"
Robert Heinlein
Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

The San Juan looking downriver from the overlook on the road up and over Navajo Dam.

Kelly.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I see we have some travelers here.

#3 I know Kelly and Dave know this one so others better type quickly.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:10 PM

How about this one? I will say its in central Idaho...

Kelly.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

A total guess here KG, I'm gonna say the Big Wood? Never been there.