The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough
Default hello... (photo inside)

lost three today on my lunch break... i just couldn't get a good hook set...they'd make a couple strong runs, shake their heads and the hook would pop out.... i even made sure my hook was extra sharp.... but i managed to land this guy... i measured him at 26".... gonna fillet him and give to my parents:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: hello... (photo inside)

What size reel are you using? And is that a Lamson?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:04 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Nice fish! Hard to say why they were spitting the hook out. I've had lots of fish that spit the hook out in the net and I realized how important it is to keep the pressure on when bringing them in.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 08-04-2011, 07:27 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

You are putting a real hurt on a lot of us o mykiss.

Keep up the good work.

Dave
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
What size reel are you using? And is that a Lamson?
it sure is a lamson.
velocity 3X hard alox.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Nice fish! Hard to say why they were spitting the hook out. I've had lots of fish that spit the hook out in the net and I realized how important it is to keep the pressure on when bringing them in.
yea. it baffles me... i thought i set the hook real good and hard.... but those northerns do have a tough mouth.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
You are putting a real hurt on a lot of us o mykiss.

Keep up the good work.

Dave
thanks dave!