The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 04:09 PM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: o mykiss's picture thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
I got feeling that this thread will be great
thanks madjoni. i hope i can update this thread a couple times a week....preferably 7 TIMES A WEEK!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:24 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by o mykiss View Post
i hope i can update this thread a couple times a week....preferably 7 TIMES A WEEK!
thats the true spirit
Old 08-10-2011, 04:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

This is a fun game...trying to figure out where you are fishing from you photos. Today is a no-brainer, the first photo was a giveaway. This morning on my way to work, I was thinking that section looks like it's worth an hour some evening this week.

Have you been to Kelly lately? I haven't since the water's gone down...soon...

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:45 AM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
This is a fun game...trying to figure out where you are fishing from you photos. Today is a no-brainer, the first photo was a giveaway. This morning on my way to work, I was thinking that section looks like it's worth an hour some evening this week.

Have you been to Kelly lately? I haven't since the water's gone down...soon...

Keep up the good work!
i went to kelly once... it's totally different now. lots of swift and deep sections....tough water to fish, unlike the previous years... i'm gonna wait a couple more weeks before i go back. hopefully the water will drop a little more.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

this morning (8/11/11) i left for work a little earlier than usual... i just wanted to check out a spot that i haven't been to since the runoff.... it was nice.... and lo and behold, the fish were rising!... i watched for about 10 minutes.... i couldn't stand it anymore. i needed to make a couple casts... so i went back to my car and grabbed my equipment....

some scenery:
Click the image to open in full size.

all the big risers were in the middle, about 30 yards out so i couldn't get to them with the brush behind me.... there were littler ones about 15 yards out.... like this little guy, caught on a size 18 PMD:

they stopped rising after i netted him. time was running out and i couldn't wait around for them to start feeding again.

i started to head back to my car and found this:

it looked like something used for fishing.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics and interesting thread....never heard about pikeminnows before seeing one on the forumhow do you catch them?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:39 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

There is thread going about Brodin Ghost nets, lots of praise for them. Which style of net is that, mykiss? And have you experienced fish releasing themselves once netted in that?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM

troutbum bk is on a distinguished road

very interesting thread to read/look at pictures

ben
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Nice pics and interesting thread....never heard about pikeminnows before seeing one on the forumhow do you catch them?
pikeminnow will pretty much eat anything that will fit in their mouths... i've caught them on pike flies, trout streamers, nymphs and size 20 griffith's gnats....

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
There is thread going about Brodin Ghost nets, lots of praise for them. Which style of net is that, mykiss? And have you experienced fish releasing themselves once netted in that?
the one i have is the Gallatin... i love it. i've never had a fish release itself in it though... i did have a 27 inch rainbow wiggle and slide right out of it at harpers lake once.... i guess this net is designed for fish that are under 24 inches.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum bk View Post
very interesting thread to read/look at pictures

ben
thanks ben.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:02 PM

hello all!
today's fishin' photos! (8/17/11)
was a beautiful day......

scenery:

this was a really deep hole.... swift water and eddies galore!....and that tree, there's gotta be a huge brown just sitting under there.... i couldn't resist throwing a heavy streamer into it.... well, just as i had sort of predicted, it got snagged and i broke my tippet....

i walked for a while looking for some softer water..... noticed some ripples on the surface..... i popped out my streamer spool and snapped on my floating spool.... tied a size 18 pmd onto my 5x tippet... a few casts later and i landed this little guy... guestimated at 13 inches:

casted some more and had another trout on but it spit out the fly before i could net it.

tomorrow i'm going pikin'.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

love this! great pics and stories
cant wait to see/hear about your pike trip.

casey

ARFE