The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 09:56 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Amazed?

This is such a cool idea. As a member of countless forums for my many hobbies, this is the first one I have ever seen where a member comes out to give the credit where its due. As a noob th FFing I have to thank everyone who has commented on my questions and I thank you for future answers. the help has been used and learned apon. I hope I can share a waterway with some of you someday.
Mike
Old 08-10-2011, 02:50 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Something tells me there will be a lot of people saying I learned this trick or fly pattern from Ard Stetts, myself included.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Something tells me there will be a lot of people saying I learned this trick or fly pattern from Ard Stetts, myself included.
Ard has taught me everything I know about fishing with power bait.

But seriously, Ard should host a radio fly fishing show and have guest appearances by the multitude of brilliant fly fishing men/women who haunt this site. Forget all the flashy boys, the folks with the right stuff are here every day answering our questions.

Dave
Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Power Bait

Dave, that's a keeper!
Gary
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 PM

hillbilly rick is on a distinguished road

I almost feel too new to comment on this,buuuut, I will anyway. About everyone has helped me out by directly addressing a question or just commenting when I whine. Many threads others have posted have helped me a lot.
I can't remember everyone, but gatortransplant, riptide, hardyreels and Ard all come to mind. As a matter of fact, I would like to help Ard, I just happen to have a very excitable 5yr old grandson that I would be willing to rent out for a small fee. Just kidding, he's mine.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

I haven't been very active on this forum recently and I apologise-I've been pretty busy with the european equivalent-the Fly Fishers Forum, but like this forum the majority of the members-some who are active on here, too-are very helpful and ready to give very useful advice. Some of the tiers are true artists whose works could easily be framed(some are). And it seems they are All very willing to help out newbies-and some of us oldies like me, too. I'm certainly not too old to express my gratitude to Both forums and promise to be a bit more active on here in future. Byron T

Last edited by flytier07; 08-11-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I give this forum an A+ for civility. We all know it can go in an instant with an online forum...there is plenty of it.

We may be called wine sippers and pansies (both incorrect stereo-types) but the civility of this forum is what brings me back.

No doubt my best experience so far is the "art work/work horse" fly rod I purchased from Diver Dan....I have yet to fish this rod but I have proudly showed it off to people who I think deserve to see it.

Efforts such as Ard's to keep things great and to tell a side of a story that is thought of by us all but we are unable to put down in words...A true pleasure.

I own the best fly rods made by many companies and proudly display Dan's rod as the number one most carefully constructed. Simply put..It's *****in!

I thank all who invest their time with good posts and I will say it again...Civility coupled with good participation is the number one gig here.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Great thread DD, I wouldn't even try to list the awesome people here; afraid I'd leave someone out...

Dan
Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Pocono, Peregrines, Ard, Frank, Frank again, Jim, Justin, Mojo, Joni, man I could go on an on, there are a ton of amazing people on this forum that have in one way or another helped, advised, assisted, provided insight and befriended me when I started. And lucky for me, they are still willing to do so.

My hat is off to the folks here, there is no better forum on the net, and I dont even visit any of the other sites anymore, havent for years now.

Thanks everyone.

Dave
Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
Pocono, Peregrines, Ard, Frank, Frank again, Jim, Justin, Mojo, Joni, man I could go on an on, there are a ton of amazing people on this forum that have in one way or another helped, advised, assisted, provided insight and befriended me when I started. And lucky for me, they are still willing to do so.

My hat is off to the folks here, there is no better forum on the net, and I dont even visit any of the other sites anymore, havent for years now.

Thanks everyone.

Dave
Yup, there's a bunch of good ones I failed to mention. We do have a great bunch on here. Even with these I know there are ones I missed.