The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Fishing related arts and crafts

Here's a thread I've been wanting to start for a while but wanted to wait until I got a couple new commissions delivered before posting. Please everyone, feel free to share your personal art or your art/craft collection pictures/pieces.

I'll get this started with a few paintings. I have a BA in fine art and paint commission work on the side. Lately I've been doing fly fishing pieces and just delivered this one to Larry McNerney

Untitled - Oil on canvas
Click the image to open in full size.

Here are a couple other Oil paintings done this year

Early Riser - Oil on canvas (Part of my Chattooga River Oil series)

The Tailout - Oil on canvas

I work in both Oil and Water color. Here are a couple Chattoga River Water colors that will be for sale at the Chattoga River Fly Shop but are available in any case. I do not currently make reproductions/prints so everything is the original piece that will sell and remain one of a kind.

Chattooga Series #1 - water color

Chattooga Series #2 - water color

Hopefully that will get this thread started. More to come...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM

troutbum bk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishing related arts and crafts

wow those are all really cool!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

You are very talented.....thanks for sharing your art work

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

JJ, most excellent work, especially on the first one that is untitled. I took Larry to that spot last year and he asked for a couple of pictures so he could have you do that piece. Just an FYI, the first guy in the painting is my best fishing buddy Buzz, and the guy further back is my son Michael and they are fishing on Kelly's No-Tellum Spring Creek in southeast Idaho.

What talent you have and thanks for sharing!

Kelly.

This pic may interest you and others as well:

Keep up the great work.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Wonderful paintings. I'm going to have to get my oils and watercolors out and do a few myself-then maybe I can get someone to take some photos of them as I have no idea how to post them on here. Then you can see what english waters look like. Watch this space for later on! I very much regret not taking more photos of the rivers and lakes over there when I travelled through South and North Dkota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Washington last summer as I could then use them for inspiration. Thank You so much for sharing your work.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone,

Here's another oil painting. this was a "study" to work out the fisherman in Larry's painting.

Still Water - Oil on canvas board

Hopefully others will share thier work or collection here soon....

Last edited by futuramille; 08-11-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: remove sales pitch ( :
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Thanks again for posting Johnathan-I like your style-very effective yet quite simple-well for another artist any way!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Great complement flytier07...thanks

I've run the gammit from extreme realism to ultra impressionistic but my water colors remained generally the same. I specialized in water color and trained under AWS (american water color society) member Vernon Nye through college. A few years ago I decided to limit my oil brush work to 1/2 inch sizes and any "detail" to a pallet knife, thereby keeping to an impressionistic approach even in my oils.

thats not to say I don't do detail still. I also paint equestrian portraits and in those the application is very specific such as this one...

Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Beautiful paintings! Thanks for sharing them!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Back to fishing related....

I did this water color while staying a couple weeks up around Glacier National Park a few years ago.

Rebuilding - water color

This one was done while living in Miami...

Dock on the bay - water color