The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Orvis Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Hey, well speaking of Orvis. We had a customer come in from Montana complaining his patio furniture was falling apart. Corp. told us to refund, so the gentleman brought the furniture in the store. This was WOOD furniture and the man said he left it outside all year....MONTANA! DUH!
We honored him and refunded.
Another customer brought in a denim wool lined shirt that the button holes wear all stretched out and there was even a hole in the front. Orvis replaced it, no charge.
So, if they screw up once in a while, just remember how far they will go to make the customer happy.

I personally have not had any problems with them at all. I had a Wonderline 5wt WF/F that cracked bad when I was fishing in freezing weather. I called them and they sent me a new one.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road

FYI - I got the Bass Pro Shops flier in the mail. You can get a Battenkill mid arbor for $89.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 AM

Glicky is on a distinguished road

Bass Pro Shops features The Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor Reel "in rich Olive Bronze". This reel, in this color, is sold exclusivley in their White Rver Fly Shop. I called their local shop to check on the availibilty before I took the ride. They did not have the size I wanted but I did ask where it was made, I was told Korea.
Glicky
Old 06-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glicky View Post
Bass Pro Shops features The Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor Reel "in rich Olive Bronze". This reel, in this color, is sold exclusivley in their White Rver Fly Shop. I called their local shop to check on the availibilty before I took the ride. They did not have the size I wanted but I did ask where it was made, I was told Korea.
Glicky

I had the same experience. I had a friend in CA. look at his BPS as the nearest to me is Las Vegas. I wanted the small 3/4 which they didn't have.
SOOOO! any of you that have a BPS near, if you pick me up a 3/4 or even a 5/6 I will send you a check or PAY PAL or whatever for the total cost to get it to me. Got to be the Olive however, I will explain why later LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 04:08 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I had the same experience. I had a friend in CA. look at his BPS as the nearest to me is Las Vegas. I wanted the small 3/4 which they didn't have.
SOOOO! any of you that have a BPS near, if you pick me up a 3/4 or even a 5/6 I will send you a check or PAY PAL or whatever for the total cost to get it to me. Got to be the Olive however, I will explain why later LOL
Joni,

I have 4 within an hours ride or less(Dania Beach, Miami, Islamarada, Ft. Meyers) and 1 more that is within 4 hours or less (Orlando)....and will be passing by the BPS in Macon and Atlanta, and the one in Knoxville in October. I have a really good contact in the fly shop here in the fort lauderdale store. I can see if he can muster one up for me. you can pm me and i will provide you with my email address.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:09 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Joni, I have a BPS 8 minutes away from me. If you are still looking let me know I would be happy to run down and pick one up for you.

Or you could simply order one off line and save saves tax.

Shoot me an email if you would like me to pick you one up.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:21 AM

tlcrep will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn' Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello !!!

This is my first post here (i have been a lurker for a while) and I'm sorry it is a negative one, but here it is.
Approximately 2 weeks ago I got the Orvis News and Sale flier in the mail they had the Battenkill Large arbor reel V listed on clearence for $69.00 Reg price $229.00 .
Capn' Jack
HOLY &#&# that is a heck of a deal!! I would of went on the web site and tried to order one at that price! Email pperkins@orvis.com. Be very polite, say that you know his company is a honorable one and will make things right. If he tells you to blow off tell him you will call the better business bureau for whatever state orvis is in.

PS: if it doesnt work out, I am fairly certain, (cant promise, dont have the pay level!)that a company I rep for can get you a reel BETTER that that one for around $85 plus shipping (pm me here). Our reel, a 9/11 is used in australia for big game like tuna, is cnc machined, the one way clutch is fully machined, and we do bench tests (poor man harley tests on the drag). $85 is NOT the retail, the retail will be $140, but since you were dealt with badly I will go to bat for you! That is all I can promise, but I do hold some sway with the company
Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 AM

tlcrep will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun View Post
Cliff, who is the OEM for their reels?
British fly Reel Company then RIvendell. Rivendell also makes pontoon boats for Outcast. Is owned by Jim Rowinski who used to be a major exec at Orvis.