The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Fishing the Frank Church Wilderness Idaho

Just got back from a great trip into the Frank Church Wilderness of Idaho. Lots of great fishing, not many people, hot springs abound and good friends all made a great experience. I attached some pics of the colorful cuts we caught. Not huge fish, but the beauty of the surroundings make up for any lack in size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for looking

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-18-2011, 02:59 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing the Frank Church Wilderness Idaho

Mike

Great pictures and I know you had a good time catching the cuts on hoppers.

Please send coordinates... Kidding

Dave
Old 08-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mike,
It doesn't get much better than The Middle Fork. Someday, someday........

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-18-2011, 03:58 PM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

Beautiful fish! UUUUH......you did pick up that butt in the last picture didn't you?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Yes, the cigar was picked up...... The fact that it was only half smoked had nothing to do with it either...... This are is so prestine, one could not think about litering...... Good catch on your part.
thanks

Mike
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Beautiful country in that area and nice fish.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 PM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about

Very Nice Fish!!! What weight rods were you using up there?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Business Member

3 wt rod TFO with 4 wt line "Allen line and reel"

Great wilderness experience. We actually ran into Idaho Fish and game at the start of our hike. They were catching / taging small steelhead and salmon. We caught many young steelhead (small rainbows) in the 8"-14" long. Lots of fun.....

Mike
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 AM

simmonds is on a distinguished road

Mike,
Beautiful fish! Outstanding!...and what a great looking piece of water -- reminds me of areas on the headwaters of the McKenzie which are my local haunts. I really look forward to trying the Cutthroat leaders. Are they stocked in any fly shops or order from your website only. Thanks.
Chris.
Fall Creek, Oregon
Old 08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Business Member

Chris, they are not currently stocked in any OR fly shops, but just yesterday I spoke with multiple shops in the WA and OR regarding our Spey Leaders. I think Next season, you will have more options to buy local. Our Website is the best bet for now. We typically try to ship within three days of the order being placed. Email me if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Mike