The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Trolling in the USA

Hey Mak.......that's what Trollin' is...... just letting the fly cruise behind the boat...... but not just any fly...... a good smelty looking thing.

Remember something else their dude.....the english also had a hard time understanding freedom..... that's why we left.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 03-29-2007, 11:28 AM

Reactor has a spectacular aura aboutReactor has a spectacular aura about

O.K. here is my two cents. Many of you expressed that trolling is effective. Yes, very effective indeed. Therefore, if you need to regulate the fish population then you may outlaw what is effective. Souds stupid but what I have learned from the U.K. is, what is law over there is just a matter of time before it's law here. Ever heard of gun control. How many lines can you put out when trolling. I'm sure it's less than what your Grandfather could use. I like to fly fish and therefore I cast. Many streams I know are fly fishing only catch and release. Great for me but not for the spinner fisherman. So if you enjoy trolling then you should remain active and make sure your DNR, or whatever they are called in your part of the country, knows that your will put up a fight if they start to increase its regulation.
Practice catch and release.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor View Post
Ever heard of gun control.
That is keeping your front sight on the target after firing a shot, minimizing muzzle flip, Right? J/K

I hear what you are saying. It is something that none of us want to even think about but you are right. The laws only seem to move to the stricter side. Here in CO. you can fish with no more then 2 rods, if you have a second rod stamp. I'm a firm believer in catch and release too, especially where the resources are limited.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*