The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM

recriger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lurking Members.....................

I try not to lurk. But as with many others I spend a lot of time absorbing new info. I always post more when i have good stories to share

I heard once that you can't have too many hobbies...Well I think I have too many hobbies. I find myself cycling through my main 3 interests in strange spurts. 2 months ago the family decided to plan a trip to Florida this summer, so I went through every thread I could find reading stories and researching equipment. Then I purchased My new rod and reel and found myself avoiding the forums so I wouldn't torture myself waiting for the weather to let me go play with it!!

Then, of course, the shooting season started and I had to go compete a bit, spend more than i could afford on a new rifle; and was focused on that and forgot the forums. I also want to lose 30 more lbs this year so so my gym membership card is looking a bit worn.

3 hobbies may be a bit much...yet...There is also this 3ft tall miniature human running around my house screaming poorly constructed sentences while trying to steal the "bugs" from my tying bench.

Make that 4 hobbies
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:40 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

As a long time lurker and only recent poster, I'd say that even just by reading others' posts I learn a lot. Sometimes I don't feel I have anything to contribute, sometimes I don't feel that I have enough knowledge or experience to contribute anything worthwhile (especially when I read the incredibly detailed and informative replies by some members). Just lurking on this forum is like wandering into a fly fishing shop and eavesdropping on a bunch of really experienced anglers discussing some aspect of the sport.

I will say, though, that I find this forum to be very friendly and welcoming and non-judgemental, and sort of regret not posting sooner.

Scott
Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker View Post
Just lurking on this forum is like wandering into a fly fishing shop and eavesdropping on a bunch of really experienced anglers discussing some aspect of the sport.

I will say, though, that I find this forum to be very friendly and welcoming and non-judgemental, and sort of regret not posting sooner.

Scott
Thank you for your insight and for posting it Scott. I have heard this before from other members but never tire of reading comments like this.

Don't be hesitant to ask questions or offer an observation you've made. Everyones input is valued here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-20-2013, 10:24 PM

idnative1948 is on a distinguished road

This is exactly how I feel. Reading this forum is like reading a book so try to absorb as much as I can when I am on. I will not post anything unless I have something of substance to contribute. I will not post just to build a post count.
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker View Post
As a long time lurker and only recent poster, I'd say that even just by reading others' posts I learn a lot. Sometimes I don't feel I have anything to contribute, sometimes I don't feel that I have enough knowledge or experience to contribute anything worthwhile (especially when I read the incredibly detailed and informative replies by some members). Just lurking on this forum is like wandering into a fly fishing shop and eavesdropping on a bunch of really experienced anglers discussing some aspect of the sport.

Scott