The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Lurking Members.....................

If you're reading this you have taken the first step in becoming a 'Recovering Lurker' Posting will set you free

I am curious, we have right around 30,190 members last time I looked but we have only about 50 who post to the threads. Is there a reason why so many of our registered membership don't post to the board discussion?

For all you regular posters, thanks for keeping things going here It would be great to meet some new voices every now and then and I hope some will read this and then take a moment to put something into the mix.

Ard

I just read through the posts and see a lot of folks saying that they don't feel they have anything to say because they are new to fly fishing. Just your post to this thread is valuable because it lets me and others know that you are here and reading what is written.

I hope that no one will ever hesitate to ask a question based on their thinking it sounds silly. We have fellas here who are just waiting to find your question and will answer it as best they can.

Come on out of the shadows,

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 02-05-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lurking Members.....................

Ard: Good question, I've often wondered about this also. Hopefully, some of the lurkers will come out and introduce themselves and become active posters.

Larry

Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Ard,
I'm a "member" of a few forums, but only regularly post on this one.
As a member, depending on the boards, you can see pictuers. If your not a member they wont show.
Also it shows what thread's you have read, and those you haven't, but I see no reason not to post here, with as laid back as it is.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i'm not reallly good at math,
but 50 out of 28,000 seems to be kinda low
c'mon lurkers...we don't bite....hard

casey

ARFE
Old 08-31-2011, 10:45 PM

rschreck will become famous soon enoughrschreck will become famous soon enough

I'm a newbie and lurked for a while before actually posting. I'm guessing it's a partial intimidation thing? I finally said oh well and asked my beginner questions and the response was amazing.

So I'll say this to anyone who might be "afraid" to ask a beginner question: Ask. The guys who do post on here have been nothing but helpful. Unlike a lot, ok MOST online forums, attitude doesn't really exist here. Or at least I haven't seen it yet.

And to those who have responded to my beginner questions: Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Rich
shotgunfly and busbus like this.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I wonder how many of those signed up, asked a few nOObie questions and never returned?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:33 PM

kevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the rough

I would say I mostly lurk, only posting maybe one out of ten times I visit. Often I just don't have much to add to the discussion- I came here for beginner help and still consider myself a novice. Between working and having a one year old son and a wife, and being just this side of poverty, I don't get out fishing as much as I'd like to, so I fish vicariously through the fish pictures posted by our members lucky enough to be fishing some of the finest waters in the world.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
i'm not reallly good at math,
but 50 out of 28,000 seems to be kinda low
c'mon lurkers...we don't bite....hard

casey
0.1785714%
Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thanks JP Things are worse than I thought

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-01-2011, 05:41 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

I have been here awhile but have not posted much lately. I am a 95% saltwater guy and there has been very little action in the salty forums. I do enjoy the other forums but would love to see some more action in the saly areas.