The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 09:15 PM

Deuce 22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Fly fishing contest

We make eyewear for eveyone. They are more than rack glasses but if you feel that your eyewear is also a piece of your sports/fishing gear they are worth it. You will have to check out the new fishing line of eyewear we are releasing on April 1st. Some top guides in FL and CO have them and the shallow blue lens is making it's way into a fly fishing movie. They won't wear any other color now. The shallow blue lens will bring a whole new meaning to spot and stalk fishing. I dropped the blue and green hues and allowed the yellow orange and red to stand stong. This will allow you to really see thru the water and spot your prey alot more easy it will also make your dries and indicators pop. The lens also are coming with a brand new water and oil proof coatings. No more water and finger prints left on your lens.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly fishing contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce 22 View Post
I will check into the Orvis. The thing is I will need 10 by Sept. I was hoping to make it a contest that the winners went away going "Wow that was one of the coolest things that have ever happened to me"
Winning one of the Orvis Bamboo rods would be high on the "Wow" list. Most fly fishers can't afford one of these rods and it would be a once in a lifetime experience. The 150 Anniversary Bamboo rods are gorgeous and I think most of us would love to have one. Unfortunately they are sold out. They do have other bamboo rods available.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Man, if you really wanna make it trip of a lifetime memorable- Kamchatka is where its at. Across the Bering Strait from Alaska, and prized for being like pre-industrial Alaska. Kamchatka Fly Fishing Trips with The Fly Shop

For the gear, I would go with either Sage's or Loomis' top end Rods. (Oakley's brand image doesn't seem in line with Orvis Limited Edition Bamboo) I also would make the Reel a Waterworks ULA Force. I think of them as most like Oakley, a smaller company based in the west that makes truly innovative products that don't look like everything else out there. For the waders (and boots?) go with Simms G4 gear. Another company that like Waterworks, has similarites to Oakley. W.L. Gore works with them on development of new wader fabrics, all the other wader mfg's get the stuff later.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

While I already have a couple of Orvis Bamboo's for a contest, I think just winning some OAKELYS would be a way cool thing.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I think just winning some OAKELYS would be a way cool thing.
I'll agree!

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 03-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Deuce 22, If you need anyone to do some more field testing for you, I'd be happy to help out. *LOL*

I have a pair of "m" frames that I use when riding my motorcycle and they are the clearest sunglasses I ever owned. Too bad they aren't polorized.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 03-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Deuce 22 is on a distinguished road

Well looks like the details are coming together. Winston Boron IIx 9' 5wt and a Abel Creek LA #2 w/custom Oakley camo anodized with Black, Silver and Pewter colors with the Oakley logo engraved into it. Now this is just an idea for right now but it is what I am going after. The rest of the details I want to keep under my hat for right now but I am off to a good start I think. I would be stoked if I won something like that. Wouldn't you?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce 22 View Post
Well looks like the details are coming together. Winston Boron IIx 9' 5wt and a Abel Creek LA #2 w/custom Oakley camo anodized with Black, Silver and Pewter colors with the Oakley logo engraved into it. Now this is just an idea for right now but it is what I am going after. The rest of the details I want to keep under my hat for right now but I am off to a good start I think. I would be stoked if I won something like that. Wouldn't you?
You bet! That sounds like a really nice setup.