The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 06:34 PM

flyguy is on a distinguished road
Default Ari 'T Hart

I just saw the new reel from Ari 't Hart at exclusivereels.com. To expensive if you ask me but I heard he is pretty well known. Is this true?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ari 'T Hart

His stuff may not be very well known, but it is very highly regarded and works very well. ExclusiveReels.com Many think of them as foolishly bizarre looking, but you can't call them bland.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

His reels are fairly well known but they are too radical for my taste. There are other reels I would rather have for a lot less money.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM

Kai is on a distinguished road

Those are some seriously ugly reels.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:59 PM

Asbouk is on a distinguished road

I have a few Ari t hart reels that I fish. They are an absolut true pleasure to fish.
It is kind of like you can drive a VW......... but if you had the chance, would like to take a Porsche out for a spin?!

I have had a big stock of the Ari t hart reels that I sold to my good friends & fishing buddies. I kept around 10 different sizes for myself & still have around 6 or 7 extras that I can spare for a good soul.

If you want to know what it is really like, I would suggest that you try it for yourself.

Very Best,

Adel
Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 PM

The thing I like about a Porsche is it is designed with the paradigm of form following function. A Porsche is simple, elegant and well engineered. The reels in question are about as far from that as you can get. They are very un-Porsche like. Those reels are more like a ricer Honda with scissor "Lambo" doors, a 60000 watt stereo system, a 5 foot rear wing, spinner hubcaps, 4 dvd players, and faux leopard skin carpets.

Instead of "pimp my ride" it's "pimp my rod." I'll stick with a simple, classic design, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbouk View Post
I have a few Ari t hart reels that I fish. They are an absolut true pleasure to fish.
It is kind of like you can drive a VW......... but if you had the chance, would like to take a Porsche out for a spin?!

I have had a big stock of the Ari t hart reels that I sold to my good friends & fishing buddies. I kept around 10 different sizes for myself & still have around 6 or 7 extras that I can spare for a good soul.

If you want to know what it is really like, I would suggest that you try it for yourself.

Very Best,

Adel
Old 04-04-2007, 06:53 AM

Here is a my answer to the opinion of:

"Those reels are more like a ricer Honda with scissor "Lambo" doors, a 60000 watt stereo system, a 5 foot rear wing, spinner hubcaps, 4 dvd players, and faux leopard skin carpets."

I really can not tell you what a Honda drives like since I have never taken one for a test drive. But as far as an Ari t Hart & a porsche you have my full endorsement.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:53 AM

Kai Kai Kai......

Have you ever fished with an Ari t hart or even driven a Porsche?.

It is so far off from what you saying. What makes an Ari t hart fish like a dream is its simple design! The design is so simple and unique that it sits in the New York museum of Art!
Again that is because the mechanical design is so simple, unique and FUNCTIONAL!

Please, if you have not tested it or fished with the whole line, do not knock it just because one can not afford it............. Same goes for the Porsche!

I do not want to get into a pissing match with anyone here but I am stating my true experience with a line of reels that I had the opportunity to fish with for the past 6 years. So please if you never tried the product do not state your opinion as a known fact by using some PIMPING words!
This would be very misleading to the inquiring minds.

Now if this forum exists so that people can yep yapper & fill their time then you guys go ahead & excuse my post I would fully retract it, but if this forum is here so that we can all SHARE OUR EXPERIANCE & INFORM then just let me know.

My Very Best,

Adel
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 PM

I've driven plenty of Porsches, old and new. Never fished with an Ari t Hart. I believe, (following Saiint Exupery) that perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when nothing remains to be taken away. These reels are pretty far from that ideal. For me, reel perfection is found in a Ross Evolution or a Hardy Angel Ultralight.

You like them and think they're beautiful. I think they're about as attractive as a rinestone encrusted shotgun. Everyone has their own view as to what is beautiful. If I mislead any inquiring minds into believing that the Ari reels are ugly, I suppose I can live with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbouk View Post
Kai Kai Kai......

Have you ever fished with an Ari t hart or even driven a Porsche?.

It is so far off from what you saying. What makes an Ari t hart fish like a dream is its simple design! The design is so simple and unique that it sits in the New York museum of Art!
Again that is because the mechanical design is so simple, unique and FUNCTIONAL!

Please, if you have not tested it or fished with the whole line, do not knock it just because one can not afford it............. Same goes for the Porsche!

I do not want to get into a pissing match with anyone here but I am stating my true experience with a line of reels that I had the opportunity to fish with for the past 6 years. So please if you never tried the product do not state your opinion as a known fact by using some PIMPING words!
This would be very misleading to the inquiring minds.

Now if this forum exists so that people can yep yapper & fill their time then you guys go ahead & excuse my post I would fully retract it, but if this forum is here so that we can all SHARE OUR EXPERIANCE & INFORM then just let me know.

My Very Best,

Adel
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Everybody play nice now. Different reels for different feels?

And I'll take a Honda S2000 over a Boxster anyday anyways, haha!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.