The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 03:23 PM

makubwa is on a distinguished road
Default Caught this fish today - on the other side of the pond

Hi
Caught this 7,5lb trout today in just outside London UK using 3lb tippet and a Green Montana

[IMG]No Images Wider than 500pxls Allowed[/IMG]

Image Posting Size Limits
Members shall not post or hot link to any images that are wider than 500pxls. Oversized images will be deleted without notification.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 PM

ffffg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Caught this fish today - on the other side of the pond

, sure is long... good job.. is that what you call a lock? or if not what is a lock? .dave.. and what is a green montana?.. im curious to know, i live in montana...
Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 AM

Ok, for those of you that have not seen the picture (it has stopped showing on the forum for some reason) here it is:

Our Fishing Photos

Will try to get a apicture of a green montana.
No that is not a lock but a really thin and long lake. A lock is a device to hold shut a door -LOL- In the contect you mean, a lock is a device to join together a higher and a lower stretch of canal - I think!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Nice fish guy. I have some questios for you. Do the Brits have a lot of waters like this? Is it pay and play? Do you have to belong to a casting/fishing club to fish it? Are they planters and just c & r. As I understand most of the moving waters, streams, rivers etc are all private and you gots to be rich to fish them.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:10 PM

ffffg is on a distinguished road

an older guy here that is an avid fisherman from that area, meaning the isles called browns locks... he may have been from ireland or up north from you tho, and i was wondering what he (ment)was talking about..dave..
Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
an older guy here that is an avid fisherman from that area, meaning the isles called browns locks... he may have been from ireland or up north from you tho, and i was wondering what he (ment)was talking about..dave

you have got me there with that - no clue

Here it is pretty much pay for how many fish you want to catch, then try to catch them..
Old 04-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road

WOW! Great job! Maybe one day I'll get me one that big on the fly rod. Is that pond stocked with a lot of those big guys?

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Guys, locks are mechanical devices. Lochs (pronounced "lock") are Scottish lakes.

There is one lake-like natural body of water in Scotland that is in fact called a "lake" because the local noble did something to enanger the top royal at the time, and had the "loch-ness" of his large pond revoked. (That's the explanation of it I prefer anyway) Proud to say I'm related to the guy.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.