The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold
Default Black Book, Fishing, Pocket-sized

Hi Guys. Hope all is well. I'm looking for a pocket-sized book on fly fishing that contains info on knots, leaders, and basic fly fishing info I can refer to when I'm on the water. I know there are many books with this info but I need a small one I can tuck into a vest that's water proof or can be put in a plastic bag. I know I can make one but it'd be nice to buy one that's already put together. Thanks for any info. SF
Old 09-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Black Book, Fishing, Pocket-sized

I have one (waterproof) that my fishing bud gave me in 1993, Orvis printed it. Check there.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Ron Cordes wrote a series of "Pocket Guides". They're spiral-bound and printed on vinyl.
''Pocket Guide to Fly Fishing'' - Book by Ron Cordes and Gary LaFontaine

And for those that can't seem to leave their phone behind, you can find "an app for that" from Orvis

Smart phone apps
Old 09-19-2011, 04:58 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys. I found one on pocketguides.net. It figures, when I can't find one I make a post and then they start showing up.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

If you have a smart phone Orvis has a great App.