The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Orvis Daily Deals

I've mentioned the Orvis blog on here before, but not sure how many followers are also on this forum.
This is more of an information post than anything else.

Recently Orvis started having daily deals on their blog, the first was for korkers style wading boots and the most recent is for LA battenkill reels and spools at 30% off.

I follow them on facebook so get the deal from there, but i'm sure if you're not facebook savvy and want to check the blog eveyday you can find the deal easily.

Apart from the deals, the blog is really informative and provides lots of articles on issues and success with fly fishing including fly pattern videos, fly fishing videos, reports, conservation (pebble mine, elwha dam removal) updates etc.

I check in at least several times a week just to catch up and see whats new. If nothing else it provides good reading when i have a few spare minutes.

You can check the blog here, and the LA battenkill info here

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 09-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:54 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Orvis Daily Deals

Thanks for the info. The Union and School Lawyers advised the teachers at the beginning of this year to not participate on facebook, and to absolutely not have apage of our own. An unfortunate reality for us.

I will be checking out the blog!

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:07 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfzx View Post
Thanks for the info. The Union and School Lawyers advised the teachers at the beginning of this year to not participate on facebook, and to absolutely not have apage of our own. An unfortunate reality for us.

I will be checking out the blog!
Interesting. Not to side-track highjack this thread, but I am curious to the union's reasoning? I do not participate in FB as a personal choice.

And thanks for the heads up on the daily Orvis deal! There are more out there and love scoring a the sweet deal on occasion...problem often is I have a hard time resisting the deal whether I need it or not.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
problem often is I have a hard time resisting the deal whether I need it or not.
i heard that!

Addicted To Vise
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

+1 for the Orvis blog!