The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Hi from western washington (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/188338-hi-western-washington.html)

noobaddict 09-28-2011 05:57 AM

Hi from western washington

Hi! I have been reading all I can here for a couple weeks and I thought it was time I said hello. I am very new to fly fishing and I love it. My brother showed me some basics and lent me a rod and reel to play with. I have been stumbling around and having a great time with them. I have ben having good luck, catching fish every time I go out even if it is just one or two. Mostly small streams and small rainbows. My fiance just got me a great 4 weight rod and I am hoping my allen real will arrive today. I have not been this excited about a purchase in years.

I have been learning alot from the more experienced folks here and I am looking forward to getting better at choosing flys and finding fish. That bring said, if there are any more experienced people here that would be interested I would love to go out with a real fisherman (or woman) once or twice to see what it is supposed to look like ;-) or just for some company.

Jon

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

HuronRiverDan 09-28-2011 07:40 AM

Re: Hi from western washington

Welcome to the Forum ...

Dan

EXPATRIATE 09-28-2011 08:26 AM

Howdy from northwest england. I was born in Anacortes. Where do you live? Was over in eastern Washington(Grand Coulee) visiting my brother and late Mom last June.

noobaddict 09-28-2011 08:54 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I am in Kent, about half way between Seattle and Tacoma. Flytyer you are a long ways from home...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

oarfish 09-28-2011 11:49 AM

Welcome to this site, talk with your local Fly shop to find a Flyfishing club in your area, you'ed be able to hook up with casters close to home.

Rick

troutslayer 09-28-2011 01:33 PM

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

Hardyreels 09-28-2011 01:34 PM

Hi Jon,

I'm sorta too far away and can't guarantee that I would be able to catch as many fish as you are. By the sound of your location you are in fishing paradise and are getting off to a good start.

Welcome to the forum and....... I'm happy to hear that this place has been a learning tool for you.

Ard

jpbfly 09-28-2011 03:00 PM

:welcomean Jon...you will find tons of infos and advice here;)

EXPATRIATE 09-28-2011 05:01 PM

Hi Jon. I know Kent well. Was stationed at McChord Air Base just before I left the AIr Force in 1971 to come here to england so I,ve been here a while now.

cpiercem 09-28-2011 11:11 PM

Welcome, I wish we were closer and could help you out. Good advice so far. Talk to the shops and look for a club.

I know Kent well. My husband was from Renton, and I lived in the Buckley (Mt. Rainier) area for 30 some odd years. Beautiful country, but I have gotten used to the desert sun now!