The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 05:57 AM

noobaddict is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from western washington

Hi! I have been reading all I can here for a couple weeks and I thought it was time I said hello. I am very new to fly fishing and I love it. My brother showed me some basics and lent me a rod and reel to play with. I have been stumbling around and having a great time with them. I have ben having good luck, catching fish every time I go out even if it is just one or two. Mostly small streams and small rainbows. My fiance just got me a great 4 weight rod and I am hoping my allen real will arrive today. I have not been this excited about a purchase in years.

I have been learning alot from the more experienced folks here and I am looking forward to getting better at choosing flys and finding fish. That bring said, if there are any more experienced people here that would be interested I would love to go out with a real fisherman (or woman) once or twice to see what it is supposed to look like ;-) or just for some company.

Jon

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Hi from western washington

Welcome to the Forum ...

Dan
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Howdy from northwest england. I was born in Anacortes. Where do you live? Was over in eastern Washington(Grand Coulee) visiting my brother and late Mom last June.
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 AM

noobaddict is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome. I am in Kent, about half way between Seattle and Tacoma. Flytyer you are a long ways from home...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2011, 11:49 AM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Welcome to this site, talk with your local Fly shop to find a Flyfishing club in your area, you'ed be able to hook up with casters close to home.

Rick
Old 09-28-2011, 01:33 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Jon,

I'm sorta too far away and can't guarantee that I would be able to catch as many fish as you are. By the sound of your location you are in fishing paradise and are getting off to a good start.

Welcome to the forum and....... I'm happy to hear that this place has been a learning tool for you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Jon...you will find tons of infos and advice here
Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Hi Jon. I know Kent well. Was stationed at McChord Air Base just before I left the AIr Force in 1971 to come here to england so I,ve been here a while now.
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:11 PM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome, I wish we were closer and could help you out. Good advice so far. Talk to the shops and look for a club.

I know Kent well. My husband was from Renton, and I lived in the Buckley (Mt. Rainier) area for 30 some odd years. Beautiful country, but I have gotten used to the desert sun now!