The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 05:36 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filson Waders

I just noticed that Filson sells waders and am curious to hear comments on them from other members?

Dave
Old 10-02-2011, 05:42 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Filson Waders

I have no idea on their waders; but, I love the "Made in the U.S.A." label and the extremely high quality on the Filson gear I've seen.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
I have no idea on their waders; but, I love the "Made in the U.S.A." label and the extremely high quality on the Filson gear I've seen.
Their add states these are imported.

Dave
Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I have (in the past) considered them Dave, but alas since I could not try them on I went with the Simms that were in stock.

I will tell you this, I own a good number of Filson products and can comment of the customer service on anything they sell. By tomorrow (I hope) there should be a package at the post office for me. I have been using a Filson 'Shelter Cloth' waxed wading jacket since 1998. Finally it reached the point where a simple rub down with wax - waterproofer would not bring it back. Both of the draw cords at the waist had came loose and the waist seam at the draw cord was fraying badly. There were areas near the cuffs where the jacket had worn thin and had tears. I wanted the rips fixed and a factory re-proof for rain and I put a note to that effect in the box with the jacket when I sent it back. Remember this has been used hard for 13 years, and I mean hard. I also had sent back my 'Shelter Cloth Strap Vest' you may see them on the web site if they are still made. It was in need of refurbishing also.

Here's the news! I was contacted by customer service to tell me that to bring my strap vest back to a like new water resistant condition would cost me $50. At this time they told me that they were replacing the jacket! I said that I liked it and that if fixed and coated it still works pretty well. The customer service person told me that Filson would prefer that I had a jacket that worked REALLY WELL rather than one that worked pretty well!

So there you have it; I tried to talk myself out of a NEW jacket but Filson insisted that they replace the wading jacket at no cost to me. With that considered paying to have my strap vest / pack, refurbished was a bargain

I have had other garments that they made right for me but never a jacket that had been put through the 'Fishing With Ard' test for 13 years replaced!

CC Filson Customer Service =

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 PM

I have their strap vest as well and wouldn't trade it for any other. I sent a email to Filson today asking why they don't make a waxed tin cloth fly wallet! May just give them a call tomorrow and ask about the waders.

My strap vest is starting to look dry in a couple of places and need to order some wax for it.

Dave
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I sent mine back because it was looking bad. I couldn't imagine waxing every little nook & cranny so I bit the bullet.

How bout the New Jacket Deal?? I wouldn't have a second thought on the waders after this. If they say the'll stand behind them then they will.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;