The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   What blogs do you follow? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/190835-what-blogs-do-you-follow.html)

vitesse304 10-04-2011 06:35 PM

What blogs do you follow?

Being in Colorado, I follow quite a few blogs that cater to fishing local waters.

Poudre Canyon Chronicles
Hopper Juan
Bigrrfish
Coloradocastersblog

Who do you follow?

I seem to find more information from blogs rather than surfing some of the local message boards. It helps that all these guys have nice pictures of big fish too! It also lets me "fish vicariously" through some of these guys considering we all can't get on the water as much as we like!

Andrew

williamhj 10-05-2011 12:33 AM

Re: What blogs do you follow?

A number of folks have answered a similar question here: Others might have some to add to your thread, but I think there are some good blogs mentioned in this earlier one.

vitesse304 10-05-2011 11:15 AM

Thanks. I'll check that thread.

mcnerney 06-06-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse304 (Post 327299)
Being in Colorado, I follow quite a few blogs that cater to fishing local waters.

Poudre Canyon Chronicles
Hopper Juan
Bigrrfish
Coloradocastersblog

Who do you follow?

I seem to find more information from blogs rather than surfing some of the local message boards. It helps that all these guys have nice pictures of big fish too! It also lets me "fish vicariously" through some of these guys considering we all can't get on the water as much as we like!

Andrew

Andrew: Do you what happened to the Midgeman's Poudre Canyon Chronicles? That used to be my favorite read.

Larry

vitesse304 06-06-2012 10:31 AM

Health issues...

He wasn't able to update the blog as often as he liked, so he decided to take a break and focus on himself for a little bit. I did hear rumors that he might be back.

I didn't know him personally, but he was pretty well known on a few local forums, and that's where I found out about him taking a break.

I wish he left his content up...his blog is what inspired me to get more creative with my midge patterns. His midge patterns and ideas are what made my last 2 winters so successful.

mcnerney 06-06-2012 11:24 AM

Thanks for the info! I feel the same way, I followed his blog for a couple years at least, very imformative and he is really a creative fly tier, I used to get lots of inspiration by reading his stuff. Hopefully, he will get back online.

roloc 06-06-2012 12:29 PM

Colorado Fly Fishing Reports - Not just about Colorado stuff either Jay is a good writer.
Hopper Talk - More geared towards the newbie fisherman but still decent.

Noiso 06-06-2012 01:05 PM

I just started following this guy. I found him on the Ted Fay Fly Shop web site. He lives up where I like to fish and he's one hell of an entertaining writer. He also provides a lot of interesting links (some of which I've pilfered on my facebook page). I've especially enjoyed his slightly "Gonzo" style writings about the politics of Siskiyou County.

Tom Chandler's http://troutunderground.com/
http://troutunderground.com/wp-conte...andheader2.jpg

I really never followed blogs before, except Ard's here and some non-fishing stuff on social media - I am going to have to change that. I'll check out some of the suggested blogs.

vitesse304 06-06-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roloc (Post 460345)
Colorado Fly Fishing Reports - Not just about Colorado stuff either Jay is a good writer.
Hopper Talk - More geared towards the newbie fisherman but still decent.

I used to follow Jay's, but stopped since the "incident" around his commentary about a tournament down in pueblo...I didn't really agree with the way that he handled himself and as a guide that has built a decent reputation in the industry, he really knocked himself down a couple pegs. That, and he removed what he had wrote...I disagree with doing that...a blog is dynamic and historical. Removing content because you regret what you wrote isn't being truthful.

roloc 06-14-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse304 (Post 460386)
I used to follow Jay's, but stopped since the "incident" around his commentary about a tournament down in pueblo...I didn't really agree with the way that he handled himself and as a guide that has built a decent reputation in the industry, he really knocked himself down a couple pegs. That, and he removed what he had wrote...I disagree with doing that...a blog is dynamic and historical. Removing content because you regret what you wrote isn't being truthful.

Huh I must have missed that. I agree taking it down is probably the worst offense it sounds like. I mean edit it to add a update that you regret it but don't take it down.

I would love hearing about what it was since I missed it so if you want to post it here or PM me I would for sure be interested.