The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about
Default What blogs do you follow?

Being in Colorado, I follow quite a few blogs that cater to fishing local waters.

Poudre Canyon Chronicles
Hopper Juan
Bigrrfish
Coloradocastersblog

Who do you follow?

I seem to find more information from blogs rather than surfing some of the local message boards. It helps that all these guys have nice pictures of big fish too! It also lets me "fish vicariously" through some of these guys considering we all can't get on the water as much as we like!

Andrew

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 10-04-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 AM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future
Default Re: What blogs do you follow?

A number of folks have answered a similar question here: Others might have some to add to your thread, but I think there are some good blogs mentioned in this earlier one.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Thanks. I'll check that thread.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
Being in Colorado, I follow quite a few blogs that cater to fishing local waters.

Poudre Canyon Chronicles
Hopper Juan
Bigrrfish
Coloradocastersblog

Who do you follow?

I seem to find more information from blogs rather than surfing some of the local message boards. It helps that all these guys have nice pictures of big fish too! It also lets me "fish vicariously" through some of these guys considering we all can't get on the water as much as we like!

Andrew
Andrew: Do you what happened to the Midgeman's Poudre Canyon Chronicles? That used to be my favorite read.

Larry

Larry
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 AM

Health issues...

He wasn't able to update the blog as often as he liked, so he decided to take a break and focus on himself for a little bit. I did hear rumors that he might be back.

I didn't know him personally, but he was pretty well known on a few local forums, and that's where I found out about him taking a break.

I wish he left his content up...his blog is what inspired me to get more creative with my midge patterns. His midge patterns and ideas are what made my last 2 winters so successful.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info! I feel the same way, I followed his blog for a couple years at least, very imformative and he is really a creative fly tier, I used to get lots of inspiration by reading his stuff. Hopefully, he will get back online.

Larry
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 PM

roloc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to roloc

Colorado Fly Fishing Reports - Not just about Colorado stuff either Jay is a good writer.
Hopper Talk - More geared towards the newbie fisherman but still decent.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

I just started following this guy. I found him on the Ted Fay Fly Shop web site. He lives up where I like to fish and he's one hell of an entertaining writer. He also provides a lot of interesting links (some of which I've pilfered on my facebook page). I've especially enjoyed his slightly "Gonzo" style writings about the politics of Siskiyou County.

Tom Chandler's http://troutunderground.com/
Click the image to open in full size.

I really never followed blogs before, except Ard's here and some non-fishing stuff on social media - I am going to have to change that. I'll check out some of the suggested blogs.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roloc View Post
Colorado Fly Fishing Reports - Not just about Colorado stuff either Jay is a good writer.
Hopper Talk - More geared towards the newbie fisherman but still decent.
I used to follow Jay's, but stopped since the "incident" around his commentary about a tournament down in pueblo...I didn't really agree with the way that he handled himself and as a guide that has built a decent reputation in the industry, he really knocked himself down a couple pegs. That, and he removed what he had wrote...I disagree with doing that...a blog is dynamic and historical. Removing content because you regret what you wrote isn't being truthful.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:58 PM

roloc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to roloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
I used to follow Jay's, but stopped since the "incident" around his commentary about a tournament down in pueblo...I didn't really agree with the way that he handled himself and as a guide that has built a decent reputation in the industry, he really knocked himself down a couple pegs. That, and he removed what he had wrote...I disagree with doing that...a blog is dynamic and historical. Removing content because you regret what you wrote isn't being truthful.
Huh I must have missed that. I agree taking it down is probably the worst offense it sounds like. I mean edit it to add a update that you regret it but don't take it down.

I would love hearing about what it was since I missed it so if you want to post it here or PM me I would for sure be interested.