The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 02:51 PM

montanawildoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Default NW Montana Cutthroats galore

Here's a link to my most recent edit. Did some fishing near the Bob Marshall.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NW Montana Cutthroats galore

Nice work on the video and some great looking scenary and fish photos!
I was a little concerned that the fishermen weren't wearing eye protection all the time and having that fly come back on the missed hook set and stick in the hat was a close one.

Larry

Larry
Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Which side of the wilderness area are you on? To be straight, you are not in the wilderness, if you were you wouldn't be fishing from your rigs.

Great looking water, some nice fish too. See any bulls??
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Which side of the wilderness area are you on? To be straight, you are not in the wilderness, if you were you wouldn't be fishing from your rigs.

Great looking water, some nice fish too. See any bulls??
Yes you're correct. We were on the edge of the Bob and hiked in to some spots about 3 miles. Yes seen lots of bulls! Brother just got a bull on Monday, assuming your talking about elk. But if you were talking about Bull Trout, the answer is no. We knew they weren't out there, but were only fishing dries. Also have the whole hunt filmed and will have an edit of that in a couple weeks from now.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:42 PM

dusty h is on a distinguished road

What kind of camera's was this filmed on? Im guessing a few of those shots were on a GoPro.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Very nice.

With Montana so close to Oregon i am already planning all the trips i have to take there....
Old 10-06-2011, 09:52 PM

tmorrow is on a distinguished road

Great job! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan to watch it again with my Saturday morning coffee.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 PM

countr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to behold

Damn, nice video and fish. Well done.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I was a little concerned that the fishermen weren't wearing eye protection all the time and having that fly come back on the missed hook set and stick in the hat was a close one.

Larry
Me too. Getting hit in the eye with a clouser was all the education I needed in that department.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty h View Post
What kind of camera's was this filmed on? Im guessing a few of those shots were on a GoPro.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! My brother and I were shooting with a dslr Nikon D7000 and yes a GoPro HD.