The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 01:30 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seeking info....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Mitch,

How are you using your pontoon that you need a wheel? Mine is light enough that I can handle it with out a wheel. The places I fish you can drive up to the water to launch.
Hey Frank,
I have a Nissan pickup with a high top shell on it. I have to take the pontoons off the frame and deflate them some to get it all in the back of the truck. Most of the places I plan to go have a parking area and then anywhere from 30' to 100 yards to the water. What I want to do is put it together at the truck, load it up with my gear, the battery, and motor then roll it to the water. That picture you posted has given me a good idear of how I'm going to do it and make it to where I can turn the wheel up to where it won't be in the water & I'll be able to remove the wheel also. I'll post pictures when I get it done. It will probably be a couple of weeks. Thanks again!

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Seeking info....

Mitch,

Glad to help. Looking forward to your pictures.