The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vosseler Vise

My new vise just arrived today and I was so excited. I ordered mine with the extra MIDGE jaws. Had to share it with you:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:49 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vosseler Vise

Nice vice,

post some pics of your flies so I can get a general idea of what mine are supossed to look like when I start tying for trout.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 AM

indieangler is on a distinguished road

Beautiful!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Now that is what I call an AWESOME vise!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:40 AM

tie one on will become famous soon enoughtie one on will become famous soon enough

What made you choose that vise over others ?

I've never watched anyone tie on that type of vise.

Is it easier ? Is it a true rotary ?

Tie One On
Old 05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

As far as a true rotary, not yet, I have to create an arm of sorts to hold the bobber out of the way. I love the feature of a rotary and that is why I bought the Renzetti, but I really don't use it that often.
I tie stingers and I coat my Chironomids with Hard as nails, so this vise interested me for both those things. I can tie a chirony, coat it, switch the vise around and tie another one.
I also like the suction cup feature. It is hard to find the right thickness for a clamp out in the wilderness at times, but this one I can put on a plate if I have to.
Plus I like the hieght adjustment.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road

I was looking at one of them today in the flyshop. The rep happened to be there and saw me eyeing it down. He walked over and started explaining everything about it to me. The more I learned about, the more I was impressed. Be patient Joni, the bobbin holder and a lot of other accessories are on their way. It does rotory, after you tighten the hook down, loosen the top screw and spin the knob. All the holes on the base serve 2 purposes. One for less weight and 2, that is where the attachments are going to attach. He said they are even coming out with a elec. motor that will mount to the holes on the base. When you use epoxy, slip up a rubber band on the knob, turn it on and it is a epoxy dryer. The jaws (for lack of a better term beacuse when you look at it, it isn't a real jaw.) that holds the larger hooks is the best hook holding device I've seen yet. You could snap hooks with it. It is one bad ass vice all around.

The rep said it sticks great to a car windshield to tie flies going down the road. Someone else driving of course. Congrats! That is a nice purchase.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 05-03-2007, 12:51 PM

I gotta get my mitts on one and fool around with it. Especially the fact that they are coming out with a motor to turn your vise into a drying wheel. The fact that you can use it as a "true traveler" also seems to be a great way to pass the time on a long road trip.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:49 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
I gotta get my mitts on one and fool around with it. Especially the fact that they are coming out with a motor to turn your vise into a drying wheel. The fact that you can use it as a "true traveler" also seems to be a great way to pass the time on a long road trip.
I was truly impressed with it. Let me warn you, it is a bit on the expensive side if you get one with jaws on both sides.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 PM

Cant be worse than a renzetti or Dyna-King.